• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Soldato
Does disabling EIST and all the works help with stability?

No real interest in running with them on but my 4.6 Ghz with 680 SLI is proving a dog to get stable. No problems running it stable around 1.28V with SLI disabled.

Associate
Im hoping i can get the temps a bit lower once i start clocking properly. The k2 is a great cooler, if a bit on the big side though.

Yep, up near the north antrim coast here.:)

I'm way to lazy to do manual OC. Happy with 4.2GHz @ stock volts. Stays below 70c so I'm happy. :)

I'm using a P8Z68-V LX, so not the best for OC anyway.

OcUK Staff
still by far the best stability program for my Ivy is Handbrake

if it can complete a few encodes in handbrake (so 6 hours plus) without Handbrake crashing out or any WHEA errors - then its a good sign

its the hardest program I find to get totally stable, it uses AVX I think so works the processor very hard (I get pretty high temps with it)

Video encoding is indeed a very good guide to Ivy and is less synthetic than many so called stability tests but again I would do a couple of passes and just use your system. The best guide of whether its stable for your uses is simply use it!!! and forgot un-natural synthetic demands on the silicon all together.

Soldato
Also just on an auto 4.2 oc, 1.244v. Temps at 62c max in prime, mid 50's in game. 3570k on an Asus p8 z77 v pro.

Cheers mate, just out of curiosity, where are you getting your voltage readings from?

I have CPU Z open and it is giving me a different reading than Coretemp.

CPU Z says 1.19v and Coretemp says 1.24v, which one is more reliable?

Thanks.

edit. Got confused with VID and core voltage. So my core voltage is actually 1.19v.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was reading from CPU-Z, ill fire up prime and check the readings in both CPU-Z and coretemp.

At idle im getting the following.

CPU-Z, 1.072
Coretemp, 0.9457

Prime running

CPU-Z, 1.232
Coretemp, 1.2510

Bit lower under CPU-Z than i posted above, just remembered that i tweaked the oc settings a few days ago and lowered the clockspeed a little. Reading at 4223mhz.

Back
Top Bottom