*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
OP
Shouldn't be a problem at all, al4x. I think you mentioned in another thread you have Live TV stuff - this is only coming into the main releases of XBMC now, you can use a selection of backend TV services running on one or more boxes to provide your TV to all client boxes in the house.

I've currently got Virgin cable, so can't easily pump this through the PC, and I've lent my Blackgold BGT3620 dual-FreeviewHD tuner card to a friend, but will be getting it back soon and running an aerial to my server, and will get the TV backend running on there.

Soldato
OP
Mart, the second screenshot you posted looks doesn't look like Confluence, but there are multiple views available. In most screens you can press Left on your remote to pull out a menu :)

Caporegime
Shouldn't be a problem at all, al4x. I think you mentioned in another thread you have Live TV stuff - this is only coming into the main releases of XBMC now, you can use a selection of backend TV services running on one or more boxes to provide your TV to all client boxes in the house.

I've currently got Virgin cable, so can't easily pump this through the PC, and I've lent my Blackgold BGT3620 dual-FreeviewHD tuner card to a friend, but will be getting it back soon and running an aerial to my server, and will get the TV backend running on there.

Indeed I did.

Hold on, are you saying that one tuner can be shared over the network?

Soldato
OP
On Freeview HD, for example, all 4 channels are on the same multiplex - there is no reason why you can't watch/record all 4 at once. Media Center imposed an artificial "one channel per tuner" limit - some other backends don't impose this limit.

And, being a server-client setup, you can have one machine being the "server" and have the same thing (or, with multiple virtual tuners, multiple things) being served from one machine with the tuners in - meaning you only need to populate one box with tuners, rather than every box.

Caporegime
OK I'm just throwing this out there.

Could the dvb-t2 tuner card go in the Microserver? Is it possible to work it that way so that it can just send the output over he network to where ever it is requested?

Associate
OK I'm just throwing this out there.

Could the dvb-t2 tuner card go in the Microserver? Is it possible to work it that way so that it can just send the output over he network to where ever it is requested?

MythTV is made for that kind of client/server use.
the xbmc pvr addon works nicely too on it.

Soldato
Ah i tried Ember last week and it didn't find anything for me. It only seemed to work if i manually found the IMDB movie code and searched through that.

You have to know which Ember to download. It's a bit confusing, since the project has been abandoned a couple of times then picked up again by fans.

The last developer has got distracted for a few months, but individuals have kept patching it to fix bugs and keep up to date with changes to imdb, etc. The version you need is here.

This is the thread to follow for developments:
EMM Thread

Soldato
I'd deffo recommend using XBMC Commander to control your XBMC install. It supports multiple hosts, and looks great with a well maintained library!

Here is some of the views running on my ipad (resized)

ipadcontrol%202.jpg

ipadcontrol%203.jpg

ipadcontrol%2010.jpg

ipadcontrol%208.jpg

ipadcontrol%209.jpg

Soldato
Ah i tried Ember last week and it didn't find anything for me. It only seemed to work if i manually found the IMDB movie code and searched through that.

Wouldn't even search using Film Name.

In the end i gave up and used Media Companion, which although doesn't seem to look quite as pretty it does seem to work well.

I had the same problem with the old version, it just stopped working. As I said its now being maintained by a group of enthusiasts. Here is the version im using and it works a treat. No need to install, just unzip the whole folder and run the exe.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3186508/Ember_1.3.0.7_fixed_magneto.zip

Soldato
OP
Can you give us an example of how your files named?

I'm probably a bit over-the-top with mine, as they're all arranged:

Show Name\Series ##\Show Name - S##E## - EpisodeName.ext

But - it's not failed to pick anything up.

Caporegime
Can you give us an example of how your files named?

I'm probably a bit over-the-top with mine, as they're all arranged:

Show Name\Series ##\Show Name - S##E## - EpisodeName.ext

But - it's not failed to pick anything up.

E.G

TV Shows\Boardwalk Empire\Series 01\Boardwalk Empire S01E01

Will not pick it up, but picks the artwork up that is in the folder!

Soldato
OP
That looks perfect.

It uses RegEx on the filename to pick up season and episode number, and the folder for the show name. The addition of the Series folder can only help.

After adding the source, have you chosen the "Set Content" option from the context menu (press C or right-click) and selected the correct Scraper?

NZB

NZB

Associate
One thing i've never worked out and its probably down to the skin i use is that when browsing for films it only ever looks like this

Movie_sets_Screenshot000.jpg

How do i get it to look pretty like this?

mstream3_1A82105B.jpg

If it makes a difference i'm using a jailbroken Apple TV2

Press left on the remote when on the movie screen and set it to "Showcase"

That's how it works on Aeon Nox skin for me anyway and it looks like you're using the default confluence which works the same if i remember right.

BFHtu.jpg

I'm not really liking the newly built in PVR with the Frodo build, it's very unresponsive.

Soldato
Really struggling at the mo :( I built a xbmc machine out of spare bits to use till I get the parts together for my windows/jriver build. So installed xbmcbuntu everything seemed fine then I had an issue with it hanging on boot on checking the battery. Reinstalled and again was fine except for a couple of hangs with the aeon skin. Then got the same problem booting, did a search and found a solution and it sorted it. All was going well got all my icons/coverart sorted as well as the remote. Then came to reboot and problems again with the same error but the fix won't work now. Unfortunately I am not a Linux bod and not really got a clue but the problem seems to be an nvidia issue.

Anyway hope someone can help. Specs are zotac mitx mobi with onboard gf9300, celeron 3200 dual core, 4gb, intel 40gb ssd.

Back
Top Bottom