*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
Highly recommended for ipad

XBMC Commander

Well worth the £2.99 to purchase. Excellent remote and library on your ipad.

I'd deffo recommend using XBMC Commander to control your XBMC install. It supports multiple hosts, and looks great with a well maintained library!

Here is some of the views running on my ipad (resized)

Have you guys tried out XBMC Constellation? It's my preference for a remote, plus it works on both iPad and iPhone :)

They did have Sab, Sickbeard and CouchPotato support in it but were forced to remove it all bar Sab :(

Associate
oh dear, i had my suspicions this morning trying to help someone out with the mythtv addon for the ios version of xbmc.
turns out they didn't have a clue, didn't even have a mythtv setup and asking how to install it on the ipad.

Caporegime
I now have WHS2011 on my Microserver.
So next its time to put the sql on it
Do I need XBMC in the server?
If Ihave my TV tuner card in it do I need mythtv? Is that the best program?

Soldato
I shall give it a try this week - i am very happy with commander, however my ipad 1 does like to boom out every so often due to its lack of RAM.

I get on with it pretty well, looks and feels well integrated, never had any issues with it :)

A few screenshots of it.

Photo%2027-12-2012%2000%2038%2051.png

Photo%2027-12-2012%2000%2039%2042.png

Photo%2027-12-2012%2000%2039%2059.png

Associate
If anyone has a windows 8 laptop or tablet I highly recommend Xbmc remote for it from the windows store. Its the one with the black background logo there's a couple named the same on the store
I have used all kinds of Android and IOS remotes but this is the only one where I can click on any of my videos and it will ask me if I want to resume from where I left off and if you are clicking on a TV show season it automatically creates a playlist with that seasons episodes which is handy :)

Soldato
Cheers guys. My other issue at the moment seems to be ever since i've started using Media Companion. XBMC seems to show movies multiple times which can be a little annoying in list view as it could show as

Naked Gun
Naked Gun 2
Naked Gun 2
Naked Gun 2
Naked Gun 2
Naked Gun 3
Naked Gun 3
No Country for Old Men

I'm not sure if these are sample style trailers getting picked up. Is there a way to limit files under a certain size?

Caporegime
Ive been looking through the xbmc skins and i have to say i dont think they are as goo media browser. Are there any others apart from the main site?

Soldato
Really? I thought the media browser ones weren't up to much.

Try Transparency, Aeon Nox, Glass, Convergence, Metropolis, Neon, or Night, for instance.

The main problem with XBMC skins is the sheer number of them, and how much you can tweak each one.

One thing, al4x: most XBMC skins have a default view, called List, which is pretty boring. When you enter the tv shows or movies view, press the left cursor key to reveal the view options, and fiddle around with them. Each skin often has several radically different layouts.

Soldato
XBMC takes a very long time to get it exactly how you want it. I've been using it for about 2 years now and I'm still playing about with new things to make it better :)

Just installing Windows on my new HTPC now :D

Soldato
Is it true that XBMC cant play mkv files - I saw this mentioned in another post here?
Does this limitation apply to distro's such as Raspbmc or the pulse-eight solution?

Associate
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Features_and_supported_codecs

Container formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp, VIVO, PVA, NUV, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, DVR-MS and WTV
Video formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.263, MPEG-4 SP and ASP, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), HuffYUV, Indeo, MJPEG, RealVideo, RMVB, Sorenson, WMV, Cinepak.
Audio formats: MIDI, AIFF, WAV/WAVE, AIFF, MP2, MP3, AAC, AACplus (AAC+), Vorbis, AC3, DTS, ALAC, AMR, FLAC, Monkey's Audio (APE), RealAudio, SHN, WavPack, MPC/Musepack/Mpeg+, Shorten, Speex, WMA, IT, S3M, MOD (Amiga Module), XM, NSF (NES Sound Format), SPC (SNES), GYM (Genesis), SID (Commodore 64), Adlib, YM (Atari ST), ADPCM (Nintendo GameCube), and CDDA.

Caporegime
To be fair i havent tried it yet was just looking at google pics of skins. Ill probably be tweaking it for ages! Im in process of setting up gigabit home network. after this, ill attempt the XBMC setup.. glutton for punishment

Back
Top Bottom