** Official Mayhems Development Log **

Permabanned
OK cool thx
Bout to do my first WC set up myself this weekend, if I get my case back (fingers crossed) and just going water to start with anyway, but I'll definitely be interested in the X2 stuff when its out :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
lets keep this as a Progress and Q&A thread for mayhems,

this isn't a chat room guys, lets keep things concise so it is easier to spot info.

Associate
OP
Oky small update we have been pricing up all the modification we need to do for our V2 rad samples and were looking at producing just 50 of the 3 x 120mm and 50 of the 2 x 120mm Rads. Were not going to producing hundreds of these rads and we expect once people get there hands on them and they have had some reviews they will sell like hot cakes.

We can only produce small amounts of these rads due to the prohibitive costs in making them here in the UK. With China buying up all the worlds supply's of copper, development of such products like these are extremely expensive due to major copper makers taking the micky and selling metals in the UK at such a high price.

This is why most companies have there rads make in china and not in there home countries. How ever in a fight to keep with the British theme that Mayhems is pretty proud of we will do our best to keep our stuff manufactured in the UK but we will not be able to compete in a price war against the larger manufacturers of this hobby. So dont expect to see our rads hitting silly low prices. You pay for what you get when it comes to Mayhems products.

We dont have 4 left over rads from our V1 tests and i dont know what we are going to do with them. What ever we do though wont be till ver 2 has been produced. I may auction them off for charity once i had a word with my partner.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
004re.jpg

This is one of the new Liquid we are working on.

IT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY DYE.

It should have a in system life of up to "3" years
It should NEVER lose its glow under UV light.

Currently it using a Patented Ethylene Glycol how ever i may change this as it seems to have created froth when first being added and i dont like that. It not supposed to but meh i will sort it.

This system will hopefully go live (as in start of testing) in next few days just missing a few components to get her up and running.

We fitted a 370 block from Koolance to test if its stable and will give it a good run for its money.

Associate
OP
0_o look at pics on the net mate there are loads of people with it.

There are two types of X1 red as well the Blood red and the Normal red.

I wont be butting x1 back into our test systems now as we have loads of other things to test and i dont keep stock on hand its in our ware house in Wakefield.

Soldato
yes you can.

BTW, I had a problem with one of your dyes. It's the clear/UV blue and basically, no matter how much dye i put in, it wouldn't make a difference. It wiulkd look excellent for a few hours and then just fade away. :(

The green dye i have ATM (went into the same filling as the blue) was nice and green under UV within 3 drops and the effect has been here for weeks?!

Soldato

BTW, I had a problem with one of your dyes. It's the clear/UV blue and basically, no matter how much dye i put in, it wouldn't make a difference. It wiulkd look excellent for a few hours and then just fade away. :(

The green dye i have ATM (went into the same filling as the blue) was nice and green under UV within 3 drops and the effect has been here for weeks?!

buff bottle/batch?

Associate
OP
UV Clear Blue isnt a dye would you believe it is some thing a little different. If you cannot see it the best way to test it is to put it in a glass of water (plain water will do) about 2 drops. Test it against UV light and if it reflects then its not the liquid but some thing stopping the UV light getting to the liquid.

This is a common problem and has been around for years and has some thing to do with Tubing and plastic and if the Tubing is a UV dispersant (meaning it will get rid of UV light before hitting the liquid so it does not react as well). All so another problem is Cheap imported UV CCFL's.

If how ever its still not showing as UV blue please email me at michael "AT" mayhems dot co dot uk

Associate
I'm definitely looking to get one of the 360 Radiators if the performance is what the projections are. And also I'm 100% sure gonna grab some of the X2 Yellow.... Eagerly awaiting the release of these :D

Associate
OP
Yeh X2 is in early stages of development. Its looks fairly weak under normal light how ever under UV light its one of the brightest UV active liquids we have ever created. We still need to do lots of work on it ever im still not happy with it but i will get there in the end. Im determine to get it cracked.

Associate
OP
Update : Mayhems Biocide Extreme.

The new biocide we have created is based on Copper sulphate which has been used for years in the water cooling industry and is used in the PT Nuke range of biocides which should be well known by everyone. However with testing even though Copper sulphate is an excellent biocide it’s still not perfect. One of the problems with this is that it doesn’t contain scale inhibitors and this doesn’t prevent build-up also the fact that when you use to much it can make dyes fade and some times in the rare instance cause a Chemical reaction.

So this is where we have been working a little more on our solution to this little problem and have come up with a new mix of Copper Sulphate and Citric Acid.

Why Citric Acid?

Quote from WikiPedpia

“Citric acid is an excellent chelating agent, binding metals. It is used to remove scale from boilers and evaporators. Citric acid is the active ingredient in some bathroom and kitchen cleaning solutions. A solution with a 6% concentration of citric acid will remove hard water stains from glass without scrubbing. In industry, it is used to dissolve rust from steel. Citric acid can be used in shampoo to wash out wax and colouring from the hair.”

Now taking into all the good things into account we’ve been running some long term testing and also found out its helps keep plasticizer build up to a minimum as well as keeping everything clean (yes i have had to keep quiet for a while on here about noticing build up on plated tubs and some blocks). All so it has had no adverse effect no matter how much we have used on dyes All so another fact of citric acid is that it is a Natural PH buffer which is perfect for water cooling and keeping your fluid in natural aliment as when using DI / Ultra water this PH is sometimes a little out of aliment..

We have tested this new biocide on many different reservoirs and seen no effect on the glues that hold them together, so all though this is not the perfect solution you will still need a inhibitor if using mixed metals its another step forwards we think.

Mick

Last edited:
Associate
Incredible amount of developments you must be juggling there Mick. Is this new biocide going to be used in Xx/Pastel/Aurora or are you leaving those alone for the time being?

Associate
OP
Im checking them to see if they have any added befit to them (coolants) but it will take a while to show though (a good 6 months at least).

The new biocide is really been made as a stand alone product for the purest amongst us and just improve on what already is a excellent product.

Associate
Good to see people willing to experiment and push things further. I'll be picking up a couple of colours of pastel once the dual D5 bay reservoirs are back in stock so if you want any feedback from a side by side comparison and it's practical to do 1 litres worth let me know - not fishing for freebies or anything as I was buying some anyway.

Associate
OP
Yes if you what to do a review that fine. we all ready had lost of good feed back over the least year and half of test the pastel range from the UK and USA on the pastel range. It Just took us a long time to release due the the logistics of it all.

Associate
OP
Pics of the 1 set of test rads we sent out. these are now out of date with Rev 2 coming soon which I have improved.

Quad pass

These were made last year a good few months ago.

Pics show below (had to resize them)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom