• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official Sapphire Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Extreme 5850 Extreme Owners Thread**

Associate
Have mine up and running, very impressed with it, it fits very nicely in my Shuttle and takes less power than I thought since the PS fan doesn't spin up under load anymore.

Haven't done much testing but it is quite cool and quiet and a nice upgrade from my old 1950.

Associate
What size screen? The 5850 is much, much faster than a 4850

its on a 1920*1080 24". i however now seem to think that it may be falty and unstable because if i run any graphics intensive programs the screen gose black or blue screens (only blue screended once)

Soldato
guys, im building my first machine, do i need to use the disc or will windows 7 auto detect and download the latest drivers? thanks

5850 extreme btw :p

Associate
guys, im building my first machine, do i need to use the disc or will windows 7 auto detect and download the latest drivers? thanks

5850 extreme btw :p

Probably worth downloading the latest drivers from AMD site, but windows will automatically install the basic drivers for it to work.

Associate
Ok no worries.. Do these squeel or have cap whine either 5830/5850...?

I've found that about after three hours of gaming my 5830 seemed to have some issues with sound, Nothing I can hear over my crappy headset/ speakers mind you. Other then that when it isn't idle it is whisper quite.

Back
Top Bottom