*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Some more info:

If the TV pass through works seamlessly and lag free then I could find a use for the headphones - using it while late at night not to wake up others. I may even decide to just use it permanently as I've had to change my setup and I'm not happy with the surround sound now even after true play tuning, the room shape isn't great for audio

I can see the new Sonos app finally has a left/right channel balance EQ so I can try tweaking that to help a bit with the audio - the issue I have now is the soundbar is like 1 foot from a left wall and 6 feet from a right wall so the left side audio sound way louder and better than audio on the right side even after true play tuning

Last edited:
Soldato
The redesign app looks good to me, and has been long overdue. Seems to be getting absolutely panned in the reddit Sonos community though.

Soldato
Has anyone found the alarm controls in the new app?

EDIT: Ahh. I see that's one of the things reddit is going mental about because it's not there.
You can get at them through the desktop app though if you need to.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a few problems with Mixcloud on it last night. Was playing in every room but the one I wanted it in. Gave up and switched to Spotify and it was fine. Seems like a decent upgrade so far, looks way more modern.

Soldato
Looks like something going on it with at moment as cant even play global radio stuff at moment.

As per above all NAS audio is goosed too.

I can still play stuff through Spotify app but Sonos own software, both OSX desktop and iOS devices is not well.

Whoever they got to redesign the UI should be sacked, its terrible.

Soldato
Managed to get some audio working but only through Spotify app and the volume control on that app is messed up :D

EDIT: can get the audio started through Spotify app and then control volume with Sonos app, where is that long slow clap meme :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the new app is busted

The balance feature doesn't do anything- can move the slider all the way to L or all the way to R, it doesn't change the sound whatsoever, completely broken

Soldato
Yeah the new app is busted

The balance feature doesn't do anything- can move the slider all the way to L or all the way to R, it doesn't change the sound whatsoever, completely broken

The balance function worked perfectly in the old app, I used it all the time for outdoor speakers running from a Sonos amp.

EDIT: does make you wonder what processes these little companies have internally, heads would role for something this shoddy being released to general public.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can’t even manage WiFi network on a WiFi speaker ecosystem, they expect you to wire it in or factory reset everything to connect to a different network.

Basically the new app is needed for the headphones they are releasing in June and they are willing to annoy their existing customers to sell their headphones.

Man of Honour
Yeah they're not happy.

Looks like they chucked this out untested as it's needed for the headphone release (which will likely also be a broken mess - I can't understand who will buy Sonos headphones).
The original S2 app launch equally as poor. They made improvements, but the OG was better.

Soldato
I can't use the new app at all. It's completely broken:

• Some speakers will stop playing audio, then the others become unresponsive and need to be rebooted
  • Playlists don't play the right song. If I click on one song, it plays another. When I check the queue it's a different list of songs to what's in the playlist

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom