******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Bored lost me when he started making tons of videos based on very little content, he rarely adds value to what he's discussing and drags them over the 10 minutes mark for Youtube algorithm reasons.

I don't dislike him, just he's down near the bottom of my list. He's a nice guy, but his video style isn't for me. I much prefer Supermacbro, morphologist, inforunners etc. At least their longer video times are generally justified by added content especially SMB. He does some great "living in my ship" sort of vids. Inforunners is interesting because they are mega deep in ships, complete fanboys but also know a lot historically about what's happened and their streams are good to listen to while "working" :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Xeno Threat....

The Civilian Defense Force is requesting your help from an imminent XenoThreat attack on Stanton. They need your help with investigating the terrorists' activities and countering them where possible. Mission One starts now!

Last edited:
Soldato
I was really excited about this 10 years ago: I wanted the glories of Wing Commander, blasting Kilrathi Vanduul, but I think I'm now too old, with reaction times too poor. Such a shame.

Soldato
Soldato
I was really excited about this 10 years ago: I wanted the glories of Wing Commander, blasting Kilrathi Vanduul, but I think I'm now too old, with reaction times too poor. Such a shame.
around the same age, and the same feeling. massive WC fan from back in the day, playing the jpeg version on the Amiga etc, was over the moon when i saw the kickstarter and video. then it just bloated and became a whole load of garbage i had no interest in and had nothing to do w/ WC or the kickstarter etc. Gold Ticket is gathering dust and i think worthless now, given up the hope of getting that ship-shaped USB stick w/ the game on. probably wouldn't be able to install it anyway unless i buy a new dedicated HDD. Ten years down the road an my life/spare time has changed so i doubt i'd ever play it much anyways.
still, at least Chris got a couple new houses out of it, eh?

Soldato
My personal favourite looks wise is the F8C Lightning but sadly you can only get it if you spend £10,000.
There was a way to get it for a more reasonable price at the tail end of last year. Few hundred quid and some ingame event stuff, kinda similar to how the F7A mk2 is going to be available here.
I'd love an F7, great looking things imo, but don't think I want to go and blow £150 to get one!

Soldato
Yeah, I got an F8C with mostly store credit from melting an unwanted ship.
Just needed an easy to find golden ticket I found in the first bunker I visited to unlock the buy option.
Even though I barely play it at the moment, I did grab an F7 MKII today by upgrading my placeholder C1 and making up the difference with a bit of spare store credit with an eye on getting the free upgrade to an F7A if I can be bothered to do the missions.

Soldato
OP
F8C will be back, if anyone needs a golden ticket when it does just ask for help in here. I farmed for days for one but found out it was a patch bug and the chances were almost zero. They fixed it and I got one within 20mins doing building runs. Happy to help when it's back as I do those anyway :)

When it'll be back.. I reckon before citizencon this year. Happy let someone fly off in mine in the meantime if they want to try it (if I don't melt it for someone else).

Last edited:
Soldato
F8C will be back, if anyone needs a golden ticket when it does just ask for help in here. I farmed for days for one but found out it was a patch bug and the chances were almost zero. They fixed it and I got one within 20mins doing building runs. Happy to help when it's back as I do those anyway :)

When it'll be back.. I reckon before citizencon this year. Happy let someone fly off in mine in the meantime if they want to try it (if I don't melt it for someone else).
Don't forget that if you complete sq42, you are enabled to buy it.

I got the f8c as I caved in because of how impressive citcom was

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys,

What is a golden ticket all about these days?

I've got mine and my Freelancer pledge from back in the Kickstarter, I tried SC a few years back, but like others have said I was hoping for my Wing Commander fix, and its just not materialised.

Back
Top Bottom