******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Honestly the more I hear about this game, the more impressed I get.

Any time I watch/read of CIG implementing a new shiny feature this is legit my reaction :D

hlkPRZ5.gif

Soldato
I heard from another player that 800 test didn't go too well. Lots of despawning etc, even new Babbage itself at one point but I don't know how true that is. Either way it's an important step.

Associate

:D

Last edited:
Soldato

:D

I can see us merging orgs for larger events as many orgs seems to be quite small ish and with the impending 800 plus servers and cap ships needing at least 20 players inside it. I do think many orgs will merge for any special large event together

@humbug remember we did that in the coalition org and we had something like 30 to 50 of us doing jump town 2.0 when it first released?

Last edited:
Soldato
I can see us merging orgs for larger events as many orgs seems to be quite small ish and with the impending 800 plus servers and cap ships needing at least 20 players inside it. I do think many orgs will merge for any special large event together

You will find that many orgs will end up allies or will do for this very reason. Would also benefit as a deterrent against others having a go at the smaller orgs

Soldato
OP
My advice to any org leader thinking of merging, just wait until CIG have matured the org system. Many promises have been made over the years around org management. For example they suggested orgs being able to negotiate contracts on behalf of members, that may mean you can "make a deal" with another org to share resources, get paid etc. That clan ID e.g. ADDERS etc will become more important as time goes on if it's part of friend or foe systems, but could give members a lot of options for their gameplay.

Soldato
I heard from another player that 800 test didn't go too well. Lots of despawning etc, even new Babbage itself at one point but I don't know how true that is. Either way it's an important step.
Oh yeah wasn't great for stability but it has stressed the system so they can see where it falls down and get the data. Considering they got 6 months of Dev time till it's intended release date seems fair to be pushing since this part of server meshing went from baby tech demo to usable in 7 months.

Soldato
water sim. just what i was hoping for when i KS'd a space combat simulator.
I don't understand why you wouldn't want this sort of thing tbh. It's what gives great feedback visually to you actually flying your ship but it also has never just been a space combat simulator so seems weird statement since it was always going to have more than combat.

It's like saying oh Forza horizon is a track race game because it has race cars in it when it's an exploration game with cars racing in various locations.

Soldato
Oh yeah wasn't great for stability but it has stressed the system so they can see where it falls down and get the data. Considering they got 6 months of Dev time till it's intended release date seems fair to be pushing since this part of server meshing went from baby tech demo to usable in 7 months.
Yea and if we can end up with half that in release aka 400 then that's massively progress

Soldato
Yea and if we can end up with half that in release aka 400 then that's massively progress
I actually think by time they get it out we will be closed to the 1k mark per shard between the two star systems. The hardest part is what happens if the player count congregates to a single landing zone honestly. Les say an org and 200 of their members jump on which isn't unreasonable how does it hold up then and how do the space stations cope with that influx of players in a big loading hit.

Once players are in and distributed around the system doing missions and such I don't think it will be such an issue.

Associate
As others have said we've already got a few Orgs that we regularly do events with and that we get on well with. There's others that might as well be enemies as they've been, unenjoyable, to play with or against. ;)

EvE is a good example of what happens when you max out a server with everyone turning up at once. If I remember correct they had the option of slowing down time as the game mechanics worked for that. In SC we'll need them to spin up more servers and split the load etc.

Events like that one are a good show of what can currently be done in game, even with the problems.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't understand why you wouldn't want this sort of thing tbh. It's what gives great feedback visually to you actually flying your ship but it also has never just been a space combat simulator so seems weird statement since it was always going to have more than combat.

It's like saying oh Forza horizon is a track race game because it has race cars in it when it's an exploration game with cars racing in various locations.
it's nothing like that at all. it's like saying you KS'd Forza then after years of waiting for it they announce they're doing full on water sims for when you're driving around Monaco or wherever.
and as far as i am concerned, it was always about a space combat simulator from word-one of the KS. a modern day WC, that's why i backed it.

Soldato
OP
it's nothing like that at all. it's like saying you KS'd Forza then after years of waiting for it they announce they're doing full on water sims for when you're driving around Monaco or wherever.
and as far as i am concerned, it was always about a space combat simulator from word-one of the KS. a modern day WC, that's why i backed it.
It's massively bloated from what was originally promised, but a modern day WC is basically Squadron 42, Star Citizen is something else. That wasn't clear for a few years after KS though which is partly why they offered refunds etc.

I think they need to focus, which seems to finally be happening tbh.

Back
Top Bottom