******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

What is a golden ticket all about these days?

I've got mine and my Freelancer pledge from back in the Kickstarter, I tried SC a few years back, but like others have said I was hoping for my Wing Commander fix, and its just not materialised.

Recently there was a "Gold License" given out that if you found one would allow you to buy an F8C lightning.

The community calls it a golden ticket, CIG hasn't helped either as althought he official comms don't call it a ticket, they have made the slip a couple of times.

The actual golden tickets from 2012 still do nothing other than show an extra page on the account section of the website if you have one. I was also incredibly confused by this when it all started.

At some point we'll likely be able to get gold licenses again, but golden tickets were a one off (as far as we know, could well change).

Last edited:
Soldato
3.23 is now available to Evocati testers on the PTU, Hopefully that means we're not far away from release
6e72cca8dcf91e01fac8.svg

Soldato
Recently there was a "Gold License" given out that if you found one would allow you to buy an F8C lightning.

The community calls it a golden ticket, CIG hasn't helped either as althought he official comms don't call it a ticket, they have made the slip a couple of times.

The actual golden tickets from 2012 still do nothing other than show an extra page on the account section of the website if you have one. I was also incredibly confused by this when it all started.

At some point we'll likely be able to get gold licenses again, but golden tickets were a one off (as far as we know, could well change).

Thanks for that. It’s the official “Golden Ticket” that I have from 2012.

Jesus it’s been that long

Soldato
# [Spectrum MOTD:](https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/lobby/38230)

**Our goal is to have another Tech-Preview Server Meshing test for select waves of testers (Multiple Waves, not evo only) starting on Friday and running through the weekend. This Server Meshing test will be focused solely on the Stanton system, with multiple servers sharing the load. We will be testing multiple configurations throughout the weekend with more servers per shard than we have ever tested before, increasing the number of players per shard to stress test the system.**

Caporegime
So apparently water simulation may make it into 3.23 according to a testers info :D

69epC69.png

2wj5UfV.png

WjEB7vW.png

Yeah... +

Vulkan is in the options menu but selecting it results in a black screen.
Volumetric Clouds have a setting above Very High, can't remember what they called it, "Reference" or something like that.
New HUD elements are in, including the compass and minimap, Visually they need polishing.
Master modes is in.
The replication layer is in.

The build was quite buggy, the patch notes said destroying ships would cause a server crash..... and the first thing the combat lot did after not reading the patch notes was destroy ships so the servers were constantly crashing, server recovery didn't work all the time and sometimes when it did something went wrong, for example on one occasion the server crashed while i was in Area 18, on the server recovering its removed Area 18 and i feel through the planet.

This build needs a lot of work, quite a lot of it is still missing too.

Last edited:
Soldato
For any with a 12th/13th/14th gen CPU, Make sure to go through the process of installing APO i.e enable DTT in the bios, Install the new DTT driver from your vendor download page, Then download APO from the Microsoft store.

Even though Star Citizen is not on the certified games list there's a perceivable difference with it on vs off. With it on my game is soooooooooooo much smoother and no need to disable E-Cores.

And on a side note... it's so shiny !

76ZL0DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Server meshing works! https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/s/Kv38fg7UlN

I went to the edge between two DGS (Digital Game Servers) . The Archimedes is on the DGS handling Microtech, the Constellation is on another DGS. I am flyling smoothly between them and can shoot at each other just like in the demo showed at citizencon. I havent seen a good demonstration yet, so i recorded this.

Maybe you noticed, that the Constellation DGS changed identifier in between cuts. Thats because the Constellation one crashed during recording and booted up a new one without kicking me :)

As far as I know this can only be demonstrated at the south and north poles of each planets physics grid.

So to replicate this, i had to:

* Fly to OM-1 (Northpole)
* face the ship directly towards the microtec marker
* Fly backbards for 15 minutes, so you are 2300 km away from the microtec marker and exactly above microtecs north pole

Last edited:
Soldato
They have plans to fully open up many of the skyscrapers in the cities. Fully explorable from basement to roof top. They will also have some secret tunnels allowing u to traverse between them apparently

The cities of planets are getting an upgrade too, After 4.0 comes out apparently. More detailed and taller buildings, True sky scrapers.

Back
Top Bottom