Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
yeah I'd love to try this version. I find the gauntlet campaign really fun to get through.
If you think about it we don't have a single arpg with a difficult early/mid game so effectively campaign, they only seem to ramp up in later maps or empowered monoliths for last epoch

Associate
Endgame changes look good, having multiple atlas trees will feel so much better than having to re-spec when you get a bit bored one one.

League mechanic looks ok, I think it will be one of those where mileage may vary for everybody, particularly the crafting part.

I was thinking of doing a Necromancer again, I've not read through the patch notes yet but at a quick glance it looks like the Necro has had some minor changes that could be decent. Bone armour gone, but extra ES for minions along with a life leech to you sounds very welcome.

Soldato
Very good changes on the whole apart from LMB. It doesn't matter what you can do to mitigate it, it's just plain bad.

League mechanic looks meh, looks a bit time consuming - we'll see though, i'm interested to see how it works before passing judgement, i'm sure it will be better than LOK...

:D

Looking at finally playing DD (before it gets nerfed) or popcorn SRS. I like the look at that bouncing PCONC though.

Associate
I didn't realise that Unholy might is being changed:

The Unholy Might buff no longer grants 30% of Physical Damage as extra Chaos Damage. It instead now provides 100% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage, and 25% chance to Apply Wither on Hit.

Sounds pretty interesting for the minions!

Soldato
Can anyone help me with DD Necro and Raising Spectres?

Ok, so I don't switch to DD until maps. I have a list of 5 spectres to target, as I understand it they stay within my "pool" of spectres I can raise once I get them, which I raise with Desecrate.

So, when I get to maps and switch to DD setup, I put in raise Spectres gem, go to the zone for example Rooftop, to get Kitava's Heard, hit Desecrate until the right spectre shows and then hit A to capture it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone help me with DD Necro and Raising Spectres?

Ok, so I don't switch to DD until maps. I have a list of 5 spectres to target, as I understand it they stay within my "pool" of spectres I can raise once I get them, which I raise with Desecrate.

So, when I get to maps and switch to DD setup, I put in raise Spectres gem, go to the zone for example Rooftop, to get Kitava's Heard, hit Desecrate until the right spectre shows and then hit A to capture it?

Yep, it's also worth nothing that during yesterdays interview with Zizaran and Mark 'Neon' Roberts, Neon said some of the new league monsters have higher health pool so may well be best in slot for desecrate and DD.

Soldato
Yep, it's also worth nothing that during yesterdays interview with Zizaran and Mark 'Neon' Roberts, Neon said some of the new league monsters have higher health pool so may well be best in slot for desecrate and DD.

Thanks, I've not seen the interview yet. I'm sure if there's better to monsters to raise they'll come to light when the league starts.

Now to pick between 4 DD builds - Necro, Ele, COC, and Chain (although there's apparently a lag issue with that one).

Soldato
think I have it to 3 builds to pick from
  • inquis coc chain dd
  • hiero mana ball lightning
  • jugg sunder > complex BS :cry: > dual strike of dexterity
  • EA (fall back option)
Only thing I'm not sure on is pricing for some parts of the above at league start, I won't keep up with the economy most likely

Soldato
Think I’m going to go for a zoomancer-style minion build at start, then try Ephemeral Edge Splitting Steel trickster or something like that as I’ve never tried splitting steel before and trickster is always solid defensively.

Associate
Just went to start a char in the new league but the first quest is not triggering to drop first skill. I've tried on a couple of characters and the same thing, anyone else having the same problem?

**edit**nm, forgot to equip the start weapon :D

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah, lots of issues this time. The base game is getting better is most ways, not all (with one hand we giveth, in the other taketh), classic GGG

League mechanic, the selection bit before each zone is kinda fun, sometimes it's worth interacting with when you get a x% converts to Y currency
Managing corpses is awful, the UI is bad and overlaps loot. 64 limit is bad. Selling a corpse costs min 1c so this will mean less corpses on trade
Crafting looks strong for the top crafters, for everyone else its pretty much lightly weighted chaos craft with low change to get the correct base

I think the worst part is the forced mobs in each map, it just punishes non meta builds

Soldato
My shortest league ever, pretty much done after 2 days, may come back in a couple weeks when they fix stuff.

League mechanic is insanely punishing and unrewarding and the crafting is just convoluted, overly complex and basically crap. Delayed reward leagues have never done well for me, OG Harvest was the same, I quit early, sure they fixed it and it became god tier, but I was already done by then.

Associate
My shortest league ever, pretty much done after 2 days, may come back in a couple weeks when they fix stuff.

League mechanic is insanely punishing and unrewarding and the crafting is just convoluted, overly complex and basically crap. Delayed reward leagues have never done well for me, OG Harvest was the same, I quit early, sure they fixed it and it became god tier, but I was already done by then.
doa for me.
horrible mechanic, overtuned mods as mark never learned from previous design as their new mods for mobs wont work with this.
Not fun leveling even.

Mark roberts ruined the game

Soldato
It's simply no fun, like LOK wasn't fun, I enjoyed chasing the wisps around, and having the backpack and ascedancies with the charms etc made interacting with it worthwhile. This is just ******* convoluted RNG crafting that's a pain to interact with and unrewarding.

Every time I go back to town I have to turn the sound off, as the trumpet sound affect to driving me up the wall whoever thought that would be a good idea, needs a slap.

Associate
I'm done with the mechanic already, I'm continuing on for now just to see how the passive tree stuff turns out but it will likely be short league for me as well.

I don't even get what the crafting is doing at this point. 3 times now I've had crafts a minion wand corpse drop, and all 3 times I've practically filled the entire graveyard with corpses to reduce any defensive or life modifiers, and boost caster/attack modifiers, yet all three times I've ended up with no minion modifiers at all, but resistances life/mana instead.

Coming back from Last Epoch just reminds me how much of an unexplained and convoluted mess the crafting has become in this game.

Back
Top Bottom