Phanteks NV5, 7 & 9 (+D30 fans)

Soldato
OP
All live now. As per OCUK announcement yesterday fans now available too. Just bear in mind single ones not landing for a month. The rest should be today or tomorrow. Good prices as well actually.

Soldato
Cool

Black NV7 ordered

and 2 x Intake , 2 x Exhaust triple packs pre-ordered.. More than I need, but can mess around with intake/exhaust to my hearts content!

I've been itching to water cool for a while, just need to find a neat reservoir solution, something that doesn't get in the way of airflow but looks nice (currently have a two normal D5 + Round reservoirs).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I ordered the case and two triple packs of each and one single fan.

I'll have an extra "regular" fan if someone wants it at cost (or swaps me for a "reverse" fan). That's the only problem with Phanteks not having the single fans ready on time in a case with odd numbers of intake/exhausts lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
I ordered the case and two triple packs of each and one single fan.

I'll have an extra "regular" fan if someone wants it at cost (or swaps me for a "regular" fan). That's the only problem with Phanteks not having the single fans ready on time in a case with odd numbers of intake/exhausts lol.
I'm hoping by the time I figure out which way works best, I will get the extra fan I need..

They could do with pre-testing and suggesting the optimum setup so you can order with confidence upfront!

Permabanned
Does the Glacier One V2 not come in white? would seem odd to have a new case launch and no white design for their new CPU cooler as well - not least it also comes with different fans as well.

Permabanned
Thats a shame, whats a good white 360MM AIO thats currently on the market then please? :) I'd have gladly bought the V1 but it seems sold out in white in 360mm unfortunately

Soldato
Just mulling over the water loop design..

First candidate:

In the manual I read the 'recommended air flow' for watercooling, but it's assuming a 240mm rad on the rear, so wants to exhaust the heat, but I'm thinking of no rad there and make that an intake, draw in cool air from there and the bottom, drag it across the VRMs and motherboard, and exhaust via 2 x 360 rads on the top/side.. I can use a magnetic filter cut to size to filter the rear as an intake.

Reservoir wise, it's a shame, but the ideal would be effectively a 360mm rad on the side with an EK FLT120 D5 Pump/Res combo, as the reservoir/pump combo is the size of a 120mm fan, I don't think it'll fit with the rad header tank.. but I might squeeze a Corsair Hydro X Series XD3 pump/res combo as that is smaller than a 120mm fan.

So I think..
Bottom - 3 x 120 intake fans
Rear - 2 x 120 Intake Fans
Top - 3 x 120 Exhaust Fans through a 360 Rad
Side - 3 x 120 Exhaust Fans through a 360 Rad + EK FLT Pump/Reservoir or Corsair XD3

I am determined to not have an ugly large reservoir this time, I have 2 traditional cylinder style D5 pump/res combo's but they block air flow, and a distro plate will cover up fan spaces, so ruins air flow..

Last edited:
Soldato
i actually bought the NZXT H9 Flow case instead of NV7 cos i didnt want to wait forever, however seeing its actually available now in UK...still pretty split over the two. the sheer height of the NV7 is some what disturbing...

NZXT however doesnt have the build quality but it doesnt have the overlapping glass design which is good.

anyway gonna be complimenting the H9 Flow with the D30 fans...

Associate
So say you wanted 7 reverse flow D30s and 5 normal D30s, I assume you'd get 2 X triple pack reverse flow, 1 X single reverse flow, 1 X triple pack normal and then 2 X normal singles?

Assume I could daisy chain them into 3 sets and use my existing Commander Pro to control them?

Last edited:
Soldato
So say you wanted 7 reverse flow D30s and 5 normal D30s, I assume you'd get 2 X triple pack reverse flow, 1 X single reverse flow, 1 X triple pack normal and then 2 X normal singles?

Assume I could daisy chain them into 3 sets and use my existing Commander Pro to control them?
Sounds right, noting they said single fans were on much longer lead times, so I opted to over order Triple packs and hopefully will sell on anything unused.

With the commander pro, I have had issues with some chained fans on a single output, so in those cases, I use a cheap powered splitters/hub (around £7) so the fans are powered from a Molex or Sata Power connector and the Commander Pro is just providing the PWM signal..

Back
Top Bottom