Phanteks NV5, 7 & 9 (+D30 fans)

Soldato
Anyone had a dispatch notif for the fans yet?

Edit: Seen the post on new products thread, should be shipping tomorrow. They haven't sold all of the bundles that are in stock so anyone that has ordered any, should get a shipping notif tomorrow if it gets booked in.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Absolutely no rush or pressure here just genuine excitement but has anyone's case shipped yet? :) Or is it the same case as the fans awaiting being booked in?

Soldato
Absolutely no rush or pressure here just genuine excitement but has anyone's case shipped yet? :) Or is it the same case as the fans awaiting being booked in?

I assume waiting to get booked in, i've just seen the D30 Fans in White go in stock so i think they are slowly booking everything in right now.

Soldato
If you ordered Fans and case in the same order then it won't ship until the fans have been booked in.

I'd expect you'd get a delivery notif some time today.

Last edited:
Soldato
I ordered the case initially (in case of very low stock numbers, I checked out within seconds!) then put a quick second order in for 4 packs of fans.

The case order did not dispatch, which I don't mind at all, I'd rather wait for both to be in stock and end together, I just wanted to ensure the case was ordered.. With CPUs/GPUs I had no idea if they'd sell out in minutes!

Soldato
OP
There's major issues with this release. I'm in the trouble shooting process now but confirmed;

Confirmed: Two fans manufactured incorrectly.
Confirmed: One cluster of 2 DOA

TBC; one cluster of 3 DOA
TVC: Case hub issues.

I'd hold on at the moment...

Last edited:
Associate
There's major issues with this release. I'm in the trouble shooting process now but confirmed;

Confirmed: Two fans manufactured incorrectly.
Confirmed: One cluster of 2 DOA

TBC; one cluster of 3 DOA
TVC: Case hub issues.

I'd hold on at the moment...
Urgh sounds a nightmare! Watched a build video on YT and the guy was struggling to connect cable to power them. He got it working eventually but didn't look as easy as it should be

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'm done for tonight. Here's my poat on Reddit. 5 of the 12 totally dead. Hub status unsure. Both ones with a manufacturing flaw are in the dead pile...

"Right well it's late in the UK but I can confirm 5 of the 12 fans I ordered were totally dead. No movement or argb. All tried with 3 different wires all dead on same port that works with the existing ones. A mix of exhaust and standard. Both ones with manufacturing issue was in the dead pile.

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the hub as well. It can get addressable colours from motherboard and every port powers but buttons don't change effects, speed etc at all.

Hope Bobby can help here as I've been looking forward to this for months and this is more than just within manufacturing tolerance IMO.

I will update how Phanteks resonds on Monday..if anyone has any issues at all please report them here, so we can see how widespread this is. Worth noting I'm UK based. What a waste of a day.."

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for update. I added some single fans to my order so have bit of a wait anyway, very interested to see what response you get!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for update. I added some single fans to my order so have bit of a wait anyway, very interested to see what response you get!
100 % hoping putting it in reddit gets a bit more exposure. Someone else has the same fan manufacting errors. No deads posted yet.

I mean what am I meant to fo pack up.the full case and all the fans (and the 30 odd accessories in each box) fml lol.

Associate
Think I read that if the hub is connected to mobo header then the led buttons on case don't function.

So your case might be ok at least, if that's by design...

Soldato
OP
Update: 2nd April. OK so after investigation I have found that both things (the misalignment of fan corners) and the DOA fans are related. Basically the gold connector isn't connecting correctly because of the misalignment and that is why there is no power or RGB on 5 of my fans (got one working).

The HUB mentioned early looks like disabling the buttons when connected to the motherboard is expected behaviour. It works when disconnected from motherboard.

Associate
Good to confirm thanks. Shoddy QC on fans though. I ordered the white versions, I wonder if it's an issue for both colours.

Makes me a little nervous as I had loads of problems with my Corsair LL120s initially and the commander pro. Also had a dud RGB hub, had to RMA quite a lot and was a right pain to troubleshoot!

In fact I was hoping to ditch the Corsair eco-system entirely!

Last edited:
Soldato
I better check mine, I'm planning the build and measuring up for Rads, like a few builds on YouTube, I think top and bottom 360s would be optimal and have side (and) rear as intakes for good airflow over the vrms and motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom