Phanteks NV5, 7 & 9 (+D30 fans)

Soldato
OP
Does anyone know how many D120/140 fans I can safely plug into a ARGB Single Sata powered hub? Currently got all 11 powered off this one hub (lighting only, PWM all plugged in direct to the Motherboard), just want to make sure it won't cause an issue (installed in a Lian Li Evo XL).

From reading a single fan can use up to .45 amps for lighting and a Sata connection can handle up to 4.5 amps total, but also the connection the splitter is reading off is also rated for 3 amps so I'm using 4.95amps from a total of 7.5 amps available? (4.5 Sata +3 Motherboard ARGB). It's all seemingly working fine.

Associate
NV9 (as well as RGB lighting add on) now on pre-order!

Got me pretty tempted!

£225 (incl. VAT)
£200 (incl. VAT)
£225 (incl. VAT)
£200 (incl. VAT)
Associate
May pick up the black one.
It's a fantastic case it just looks so clean and I've had a number of people not realise that there are glass panels, Thinking they can just reach in and touch the components :cry:

NV9 (as well as RGB lighting add on) now on pre-order!

Got me pretty tempted!

Oooof NV9! Looking forward to seeing pictures of this when it's finally put together!

£225 (incl. VAT)
£200 (incl. VAT)
£225 (incl. VAT)
£200 (incl. VAT)
Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone know if the bottom mount on the NV9 will support d30s? By that i mean the removable bracket the fans/rad attach to? I'd love to do push/pull on the bottom and if i can lose some depth I think it would look clean.

Associate
Oooof NV9! Looking forward to seeing pictures of this when it's finally put together!
Sorry, I just meant it was available for pre-order, not that I'd ordered one...
I'm tempted as it's the first case in forever that would support my combination of radiators, but not gonna bite just yet

Associate

Given me inspiration for my white build, might stick the T30s back in and see what it looks like instead of the D30s.
I really like the D30s, very quiet for an ARGB fan, the cleanliness of the connections, all look flush, nice.
But for a non-RGB, the look of the T30 is fantastic.
May be contradictory, but cases that are clearly designed to be on desks, O don’t like any lights next to my face. Some people are fine with that, but I found it impossible to adapt.

Soldato
The lighting kit finally came back into stock yesterday, ordered it on a whim and just fitted it.

Box it comes in was a surprise, metal case:

o7mSgXq.jpeg

Fitted, gives a little extra light around the sides of the case and it's nice to hide some of the power cables to the motherboard with the cover. (default lighting for the picture to show it better) Can now if get bored remove the D30 fans and still have enough lighting to scratch the RGB itch.

CtXJr6g.jpeg

Associate
love the look of the NV5 but hesitating cos of the NZXT H6 flow. which one would people choose? or is there another medium sized case I should consider?

I'm using an In Win 303 with 360 radiator, 1x 3.5" hdd, 2x ssds, 1x nvme drive, ATX motherboard

Associate

Given me inspiration for my white build, might stick the T30s back in and see what it looks like instead of the D30s.
Build a rig for my friend in this and noticed a lot of whining / resonance from side fans. Appears it's because the blades are overlapping the bracket. Seems to be an issue on Fractal cases too. Anyone come across this. I guess I need some sort of grommet to offset the fan further into the case.

Associate
Hi guys, anyone had any issues with the NV7 LED controller and the NV7 LED kit?

There seems to be a need to visually document the issue prior to an RMA issue.

I have the case from OCUK and the LED kit on order and was wondering if OCUK has a stance on the controller? I'd be happy to pay cost for it and swap it out AHEAD of having to 'prove' to avoid having to tear out elements of a 'finished' build to sort out a RMA'd controller?

Back
Top Bottom