Phanteks NV5, 7 & 9 (+D30 fans)

Associate
Yeah same, might go for the NV5 though. Apparently August release date.
Yeah I would think that the 5 is going to be a banger of a case. to be honest the only reason I'm going with the 7 is because I plan to shift towards WC further down line and I want a lot of space to work with.

Last edited:
Associate
Ooh, the NV9 might fit my needs nicely - Currently have an Enthoo Primo and need space for lots of radiators (inc. at least 1 480mm).

Will have to keep an eye on it as specific details emerge

Soldato
I have to say I'm still loving the unbelievably clean look of the NV7 + a full compliment of D30 fans.. absolutely great looking bit of kit.. but then it wasn't exactly cheap!

The NV9 might have been useful as I have a load of 140mm based stuff (rads/fans), however, now I've moved over to the 120mm stuff, it's not that bad and the case can be a little smaller.

Soldato
Build finished for now until the lighting strips come into stock,

Only issue I had with the build is getting the 24 pin through the rubber grommet, it needed the cable tidy behind taking off first, pushed cable through and screwed it back in, loads of room for cabling in the rear, didn't feel like I was fighting the case for space unlike the Fractal I've switched from.

Plugged all fan RGB into the case via daisy chain instead of having to use motherboard to control it and can use the 2 buttons on the case. Imo it could do with a small fan hub (especially as cases cheaper and around this price point do come with them) then again not a major issue with the amount of headers on most modern motherboards.

One thing to note is you only get one dust filter for the bottom of the case, the side doesn't come with a filter.

Without glass front / side:

MdBd62C.jpg

With glass front / side:

AX098uT.jpg

Moved where the gpu power cable ran after taking these pictures so it comes up the middle of the gpu instead of the side.

AIO was the easiest I've installed, literally put the backplate on tighten 4 screws and away you go. Went for the Phanteks glacier D30, to finish it off as the only other AIO I had was an Artic which didn't go with the look I was after this time around.

For £95 with the white version it's plenty of case but if you haven't got fans already that's where the bulk of the cost will go (granted you don't need D30 fans)

Last edited:
Associate

Only issue I had with the build is getting the 24 pin through the rubber grommet, it needed the cable tidy behind taking off first, pushed cable through and screwed it back in, loads of room for cabling in the rear, didn't feel like I was fighting the case for space unlike the Fractal I've switched from.

Plugged all fan RGB into the case via daisy chain instead of having to use motherboard to control it and can use the 2 buttons on the case. Imo it could do with a small fan hub (especially as cases cheaper and around this price point do come with them) then again not a major issue with the amount of headers on most modern motherboards.

One thing to note is you only get one dust filter for the bottom of the case, the side doesn't come with a filter.

*snip*

With glass front / side:

*snip*

Moved where the gpu power cable ran after taking these pictures so it comes up the middle of the gpu instead of the side.

AIO was the easiest I've installed, literally put the backplate on tighten 4 screws and away you go. Went for the Phanteks glacier D30, to finish it off as the only other AIO I had was an Artic which didn't go with the look I was after this time around.

For £95 with the white version it's plenty of case but if you haven't got fans already that's where the bulk of the cost will go (granted you don't need D30 fans)
Really want to build a system ASAP with this but the White Revolt PSUs aren't in stock yet. This case looks perfect for me in terms of look, cooling and form factor. The case + cooling + power supply should last a long time (thinking 7-8 years).

Soldato
I think the non-dual chamber design ruins the fish tank aesthetics on the NV5. It’s a real shame they didn’t put more design to the case and went for the lazy approach.

Could have been the O11 killer. Oh well.

Last edited:
Associate

MdBd62C.jpg

With glass front / side:
AX098uT.jpg

Really clean looking build, seen a few videos on the case and strongly considering it for a build.

Soldato
OP
I've got D30 fans in my Lian Li Evo XL case. What is the best way to connect them all up? Is it literally conversion wire to argb for every cluster? Was kind of hoping for something a bit more eloquent, like a DRGB hub that connects to the motherboard via ARGB?.

Back
Top Bottom