Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Adam, the definender of the OcUK morons. Flying the flag and carrying the torch for the underdog in the face of adversity. The only ridiculous thing going on in this thread is the financial rapeage for an old base level Clio.

Soldato
I hear about these stories all the time, it really does sadden me, when you explain to them on paper that a personal loan would have halved your interest and got a cheaper car to start with, carcraft cars arent exactly cheap with full cash price, average savings are £3k at least, cheaper car with 3 year term eg. If you can't get a personal loan why pay out the backside to a company like these, save a few months and get a cheaper car, it really is illogical.

Soldato
OP
James can i ask who you got insured with? How long you've been driving? Accidents in the past?

I insured my punto as a first time driver, cancelled because i didnt want to pay 2100 for a car thats dying with problems, i didnt want to pay 250 excess and the first £200 of damages on top before the insurance company takes months to dig deep :) Couldnt justify (that words may come back to bite me) the insurance..

Im insuring this, telling them about the cancellation adds about £300 on, and ive gone through comparison sites, & have pass plus which means nothing anyway nowadays.

Why is your credit rating so bad,is it just your age?

Moved around quite a bit because of the dad, i finally moved in with my mum and have been in the samee house since where as my dad gets bored of where he lives and moves, had 3 houses in 5 years with him, then moved in with the mother tomake it a 4th :|!!, plus he applied for credit in my name without me knowing a year or two back when my cerdit was non existant and got rejected, but tried 4-5 times and made it a lot worse, it was very poor when i check it for the first time..

Its getting better plus obviously the crunch and my age dosnt help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Adam, the definender of the OcUK morons. Flying the flag and carrying the torch for the underdog in the face of adversity. The only ridiculous thing going on in this thread is the financial rapeage for an old base level Clio.

Who have I defended? :confused:

Janesy B - Fox clone ;)

Soldato
Moved around quite a bit because of the dad, i finally moved in with my and have been in the samee house since where as my dad gets bored of where he lives and moves, very often, plus he applied for credit in my name a year or two back when my cerdit was non existant and got rejected, but tried 4-5 times and made it a lot worse, it was very poor when i check it for the first time..

Credit crunch and age have nothing whatsoever to do with your credit history. Letting someone apply for credit in your name defies belief. Surely that has to be verging on fraud?

Associate
I insured my punto as a first time driver, cancelled because i didnt want to pay 2100 for a car thats dying with problems, i didnt want to pay 250 excess and the first £200 of damages on top before the insurance company takes months to dig deep :) Couldnt justify (that words may come back to bite me) the insurance..

Im insuring this, telling them about the cancellation adds about £300 on, and ive gone through comparison sites, & have pass plus which means nothing anyway nowadays.

Moved around quite a bit because of the dad, i finally moved in with my and have been in the samee house since where as my dad gets bored of where he lives and moves, very often, plus he applied for credit in my name a year or two back when my cerdit was non existant and got rejected, but tried 4-5 times and made it a lot worse, it was very poor when i check it for the first time..

Sound abit ****.Try and save a few months backstop(car payments) just incase the **** hits the fan with your job or what not.....You don't want to screw up your credit rating even more :)

Soldato
Figured it out, 48 months at 150 = 7200.. 3.2k fiance..

Bit much but not too bad.

Wait what? 3.2k finance. You didn't put a 4k deposit down right? Regardless, I'm shocked you had to figure it out, surely you knew already.

Whatever happened mate, if you're happy, bully for you, But I won't be slating Fox either :)eek:). If you needed a car fast, buy a cheap peice of crap, you're 19.

If you can back out without serious penaly, do so. Cycle to work until you find something half decent for a quarter of what you've just opted to pay out.

Usually I'm an each to their own kinda guy, not everyone would agree with my car choices but that's the beauty of opinion. There is, however, no beauty in sheer lunacy.

Ant :cool:

Caporegime
I can't be a clone of Fox, if I was Fox I'd curl up and die if I had to drive around in an 11 yr old Fiesta. I'd be wafting around in a BMW listening to Mozart whilst eating caviar.

Soldato
OP
Sound abit ****.Try and save a few months backstop(car payments) just incase the **** hits the fan with your job or what not.....You don't want to screw up your credit rating even more :)

I am doing, i will have around 300 saves before the first payment, going to try save some more and just keep putting a little extra away every so often.

Im fully insured with the finance incase the worst happens.

Caporegime
My over priced Clio

info.gif

Soldato
I am doing, i will have around 300 saves before the first payment, going to try save some more and just keep putting a little extra away every so often.

Im fully insured with the finance incase the worst happens.

Fully insured on the finance eh, how much did that cost you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom