PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
General Q, whats the game like now? I played it religiously for years (still have over 1000 hours in it) but stopped playing after they remade Sanhok and I hated it. Want something else to play.

Caporegime
General Q, whats the game like now? I played it religiously for years (still have over 1000 hours in it) but stopped playing after they remade Sanhok and I hated it. Want something else to play.
Took quite a long break then came back for a few months earlier in the year followed by another break until recently. I'm enjoying it, just rediscovered the snow map again which is a lot of fun.

Associate
Sanhok got reverted back.

Game for me is not at all enjoyable with the server issues to the point of I cant be bothered to play. One game I join and ping is 20ms and hitreg is decent then same game is 45+ which isn't high but it then fluctuates and seem several hits of packet loss. Next game ping is 60-75ms, next game its 110ms. All servers show as A-A-fra which I believe is MS Azure frankfurt. Plenty of discord posts on it but PUBG nothing about it. Guess they paid for the Azure Bronze Cloud Server package.

Associate
The game still has ping/de-sync issues. Sometimes hitting anything with a sniper is next to impossible.

Also the deluge of gadgets has worsened the game.
Esports mode and ranked is the wya forward, although some nonsense has ended up in the ranked mode, its better than having a piece of equipment which allows you to heal your helmet or carry an additional 2 rocket launchers....

The dev's should genuinely be blacklisted from working on any other games at this point, the lack of knowledge and understanding now to improve the game is beyond embarrassing.

Soldato
Haven't played since April but got back into it since Saturday morning, feel so crusty particularly first few games.

See they got rid of drones, only a good thing never liked those, not sure I'm a fan of the blue chip thing or the sandstorms in Miramar.

My regular lot were still playing though, so good to get back, I think as much as it is the actual game I missed the guys.

Associate
I want to get back on pubg, few work mates play regularly but say it's still full of bots and hackers. I feel ashamed to say I've moved over to fortnite zero build... and even more ashamed to say I really enjoy it :eek:

Associate
i did the same thing. and also ashamed to say i choose no build fortnite over pubg most days now
I used to absolutely despise it, I still do when it comes to condo mode, but zero build is really fun. It makes sense too that there's ridiculous items and kit, it suits the game, but when I see similar stuff in pubg it just instantly turns me off. It's been uninstalled for years now, which is a shame, as the gunplay was excellent (when it wasn't desync'ing).

Soldato
The glory days of PUBG in 2017, when it was pre-release, only one map and the weapons/loot were nicely balance were probably the best gaming times i've ever had.

Sad to see it fall from grace so much and be full of bots now, mad to think that it still holds the record for most concurrent players all time on Steam!

The glory days of PUBG in 2017, when it was pre-release, only one map and the weapons/loot were nicely balance were probably the best gaming times i've ever had.

Sad to see it fall from grace so much and be full of bots now, mad to think that it still holds the record for most concurrent players all time on Steam!

I agree, I think the Chinese had a lot to do with it's demise, such a shame.

Soldato
I agree, I think the Chinese had a lot to do with it's demise, such a shame.

I do have to agree unfortunately, it seems a vast amount of the Counter Strike cheaters come out of China/Russia.

Imagine it was when they introduced skins and crates as well. I believe there's some laws in China regarding people not being able to invest/spend money outside of the country, meaning a lot of people use Steam/Game items which causes a bit of a loop of people hacking to get the crates quicker and so on...

And Russia is just, well, Russia.

Back
Top Bottom