PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
Been having a few games after a break of a few years. Really enjoying it. Lots of new things like maps and weapons which is good. Not sure whats happened to the start screen. So much clutter and options. But been having a lot of fun with random groups.

Soldato
I made 6000 rating " lone survivor" early 2020, then 2 days later I had a massive stroke, one more day and I would had got the cool 'chute skin for season 5, oh well, at least I know that I made it that high!
to get that high I had to jump in as a solo in duos, and play my ass off against duo teams(I was that good), leaving my random team mate to catch up with me if he could! great days, I was freakin' awesome! every game I had to get some points, and the only way of doing that was trusting myself alone

Last edited:
Associate
Bit of both really, the other day I loaded the game and it crashed in lobby and then a few times before it was happening midgame
Check the properties of the game in Steam and see if you've historically set any launch options. If you have, delete them.
Also had a friend who was getting lots of crashes due to an unstable overclock.

Soldato
I made 6000 rating " lone survivor" early 2020, then 2 days later I had a massive stroke, one more day and I would had got the cool 'chute skin for season 5, oh well, at least I know that I made it that high!
to get that high I had to jump in as a solo in duos, and play my ass off against duo teams(I was that good), leaving my random team mate to catch up with me if he could! great days, I was freakin' awesome! every game I had to get some points, and the only way of doing that was trusting myself alone
Sorry to hear that bud! I hope it wasn’t the intensity of being in the top 3 that pushed you to the edge :D

Soldato
Sorry to hear that bud! I hope it wasn’t the intensity of being in the top 3 that pushed you to the edge :D
I sat down for the best part of two months to finally get the 6000 that I had craved for a long time, getting that seasons 'chute skin was the only thing that I focused on for 2 months straight, the sitting down probably contributed to the stroke, but the 'chute skin for that season had a spider on it, a blawhitespider iiIIRC, man, I was so looking forward to jumping in with a special 'chute skin to show how awesome I was! I love spiderman!
I spent 3 months in the hospital and then 2 months in a care home, then I was let out to come home, and the first thing ~I did was update pubg, so I could collect my 'chute, and the special clothing that season, that was leather with web decals on the elbows and knees BUT, because I had been away so long, it never gave me anything!
that felt bad, real bad,
I tried contacting pubg support about it, but nothing was done even though in game it shows that I was a 'survivour in season 5, I was still listed on pubg.op but that got wiped,
my final two games that brough me the sweet 6000 were back to back wins, I'm ****** that the boards got wiped really, I should have taken a screen shot while it was still up

I do have a screenshot of the ingame proof th
this was the skin for season 5
https://store.steampowered.com/news...nnouncements&appids=578080&enddate=1578643265

Last edited:
Associate
What kind of launch options would there be bud? All I have overclocked in a boost way is my RAM, could it be that?
If you open your Steam library, right click on PUBG and choose properties there is a box called "Launch Options" where you can type in command line style options that run when you launch the game. If it's blank you don't have any!
If you turn the overclock off does it make any difference?

Soldato
@Minibiker

Almost certainly just PUBG, it helped with mine giving windows a couple of minutes to idle on desktop before trying to launch the game.

One of the guys I play with says his PUBG will pretty much crash every 2 hours of play, so restarts the game every three matches or so.

Soldato
If you open your Steam library, right click on PUBG and choose properties there is a box called "Launch Options" where you can type in command line style options that run when you launch the game. If it's blank you don't have any!
If you turn the overclock off does it make any difference?

I'll have a look at that later on, I will also turn off the RAM overclock and see

@BUDFORCE I fired up PUBG last night and as soon as it loaded the lobby the screen went black and I have to power off the PC
@Minibiker

Almost certainly just PUBG, it helped with mine giving windows a couple of minutes to idle on desktop before trying to launch the game.

One of the guys I play with says his PUBG will pretty much crash every 2 hours of play, so restarts the game every three matches or so

Soldato
I'll have a look at that later on, I will also turn off the RAM overclock and see

@BUDFORCE I fired up PUBG last night and as soon as it loaded the lobby the screen went black and I have to power off the PC

Yup this is EXACTLY what I was getting, but leaving windows idling for several minutes before launching the game seems to be working.

Back
Top Bottom