Post Your Garden!

Soldato
Lols, lots of hate for fake lawns, I'll not post our new gaffs garden then - as it came with the stuff :D

So far it's been great, no mud in the house, only downside is having to hose it down when the dogs do a messy ****

Will see what it's like in the summer

Soldato
Cleaned out the green house and transferred the seedlings (toms, sweetcorn, peppers, courgettes, gherkins, mangetout and french beans) from the house..

vinCshX.jpg

Something I've dreading for a while is sorting out the veg patch.
The 4th bed on the right is where the Asparagus will soon start sprouting and it's overrun with (I think) Periwinkle.
I also lobbed in the first early spuds, radishes and some onion sets..

CTr5VJS.jpg

I wanted rid of the bushes etc as everything was completely overgrown..

VqgWWl0.jpg

Now a 3rd of the garden is opened up a bit..

zW1X6yH.jpg

Next up is clean out the pond, dig up the box hedge (and turf over) as it's decided it doesn't want to live anymore, paint/stain 3 sheds and tidy up the area where the chickens cause carnage.

Or I could just plastic grass the lot and be done with it :cry:

Soldato
So I've ordered a Makita DUR193Z (Strimmer, £95) and a Makita DLM382CT2 with 2x5Ah batteries (Mower, £360). They haven't come yet and its likely to rain all week, so I gave the lawn its final mow with the Bosch Rotak. I might keep this as a secondary but it's pretty cooked. Only 5 years old but isn't used with any amount of care.

Looks dogs. Need to start carving out my borders as I just get mad/overwhelmed at the prospect of how much work is required to get this place manageable...

mWp3QSb.jpg

As soon as I get a decent run on sunshine I'll get the patio magic down, too.

Associate
So I've ordered a Makita DUR193Z (Strimmer, £95) and a Makita DLM382CT2 with 2x5Ah batteries (Mower, £360). They haven't come yet and its likely to rain all week, so I gave the lawn its final mow with the Bosch Rotak. I might keep this as a secondary but it's pretty cooked. Only 5 years old but isn't used with any amount of care.

Looks dogs. Need to start carving out my borders as I just get mad/overwhelmed at the prospect of how much work is required to get this place manageable...

mWp3QSb.jpg

As soon as I get a decent run on sunshine I'll get the patio magic down, too.

love the wheels man

Caporegime
They're going through this lot + a box of suet pellets a month..
someone put up 10 feeders in my local park, 5 of them on 2 branches.
Every time I go past they are topped up, bet it costs someone a small fortune.

loads of small birds are always around them though

Soldato
If anyone tells you you to plant bamboo. You look that sucker right in the eyes you tell him no!! Not ever!!

Been doing battle with this plant for a few months. If I’m winning the battle it certainly doesn’t feel like it!! It’s grew and spread out into the field behind. I’ve took out around 5 runners all coming from the main plant. It’s kinda mental they all act like an anchor point so you have to take out the ones further away and work your way back in. Around 3-4 to go! I took it right back to the base a few months ago and the sucker is over 6ft in some places lol

Man of Honour
Oh, you want some bamboo…

Was here when we moved in. Spreads like a bitch, but easy enough to keep in check and completely screens all of next door’s outbuildings.

Pleased with the small pond I put in last year, lots of the plants taking hold. The grass seed I planted in February isn’t doing half bad either.

Still early in the year.

@JonRGV250 I’ve never know our bird feeder to go down so quickly. I’m topping it up daily!

Our resident hedgehog seems to have woken up too and I think the rat that was stealing it’s food that I put was poisoned in the winter (found it dead in the middle of the lawn).

Repurposed Christmas lights:

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
@JonRGV250 I’ve never know our bird feeder to go down so quickly. I’m topping it up daily!
Your garden looks great, especially with the lights.

I was buying bird peanuts, fat balls etc from Amazon, but B&M is way way cheaper in bulk..

It's this great spotted git that's munching most of them..

7aPFv8z.jpg

It's still a treat to see it every day.

Back
Top Bottom