Post Your Garden!

Caporegime
Front is now done, mossy grass replaced with block paving. Easier to maintain and extra parking. Just need to pressure wash the old blocks to make them match the new ones better, then get some nice conifers to go in the bed at the front.

Post your garden, not your house and the garden you block paved over.

Soldato
here's mine, picture from our from our house listing. Fake grass is a god send due to the clay soil we get around here and a dog who runs around like a lunatic.
6069_S865682_IMG_14_0000.jpeg

Soldato
Our lawn has been ruined. Been doing loads of work out the back all summer and the grass now seem to be waterlogged all the time, there doesn't seem to be any proper drainage so it's like a sunday league football pitch. I'm thinking the unthinkable, levelling it and putting down artificial grass just so (1) its maintenance free and (2) the kids can have a kickaround on it without getting muddy.

Soldato
:) It does it's purpose. We tried keeping away from it but despite digging the garden up and trying to sort drainage it just seems to turn into clay underneath and turn into a swamp.
Hopefully wherever we move to we can stick to normal grass :)
Did you get someone to come and lay it or do it yourself? Looks very tidy so likely done by a pro.

Soldato
I did the prep work then got a carpet fitter to install it. We went for one if the more expensive ones so at least it doesn't feel or look plasticky
It's great for my lad playing football all year round and my dog doesn't trail mud into the house.
It's not quite maintenance free in that it needs cleaning, we use a leaf blower (with vacuum) and scrub it in the summer.

See if you can fix drainage anyway as you'll need to dig down a bit fir fake grass

Soldato
My plan is to hire a mini digger over the summer hols and get cracking with it then. You mention it serves a purpose, that's all I require for the next few years tbh. The kids are young and can go out and play on it and as you said, it's 'easier' to maintain.

Soldato
Our lawn has been ruined. Been doing loads of work out the back all summer and the grass now seem to be waterlogged all the time, there doesn't seem to be any proper drainage so it's like a sunday league football pitch. I'm thinking the unthinkable, levelling it and putting down artificial grass just so (1) its maintenance free and (2) the kids can have a kickaround on it without getting muddy.
Your kid may be able to avoid mud but they'll get some mean infections from falling/grazing knees on that horrible cancerous stuff.

Soldato
Your kid may be able to avoid mud but they'll get some mean infections from falling/grazing knees on that horrible cancerous stuff.
Mines been down for years with no issues, not like when you get carpet burn as kids in the house you get cancer or infections. If you're referring to the outside aspect of it you should be keeping on top of cleaning it.

Soldato
Mines been down for years with no issues, not like when you get carpet burn as kids in the house you get cancer or infections. If you're referring to the outside aspect of it you should be keeping on top of cleaning it.
Sounds like you've got it all figured out - this maintenance free grotty lawn :cool:

Soldato
Sounds like you've got it all figured out - this maintenance free grotty lawn :cool:
:) All entitled to opinions here, artificial grass can likely be cleaner than normal grass / mud so the idea of fake grass being grotty is just you being childish more than anything.
I prefer normal grass and when i move house i'll have it but it certainly has its use cases.

Soldato
:) All entitled to opinions here, artificial grass can likely be cleaner than normal grass / mud so the idea of fake grass being grotty is just you being childish more than anything.
I prefer normal grass and when i move house i'll have it but it certainly has its use cases.
You don't have to clean real grass to avoid horrible infections from grazed knees. Google football AstroTurf injuries, one guy lost his leg. Also RIP any animal paws as it gets 50+ degrees in summer.

Clean does equal being mud free in this context :cry:

Soldato
You don't have to clean real grass to avoid horrible infections from grazed knees. Google football AstroTurf injuries, one guy lost his leg. Also RIP any animal paws as it gets 50+ degrees in summer.

Clean does equal being mud free in this context :cry:
There's loads of injuries, that's mostly down to people using incorrect footwear, usually the bladed style studded boots that snag when turning. There's more than enough warnings but people usually go with its fine until its not. Rounded studs are fine.
Clean i was referring to actually cleaning the artificial grass, not the lack of mud.
Like i've suggested i'm not a fan of the stuff but it does have its use cases. Rather have it over paving all the back of my house for example.

Back
Top Bottom