Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
There little fatiguing but slowly settling down, I have around 50 hours on them, hoping they settle down more. There very dynamic, and clear sounding, quite fast speaker also.

Compared to most regular home speakers there quite big, I have a good size room but these are on limit for room. There is a lot of sound pressure coming from these. I don't have the spikes on at the moment, the spikes Fyne include are fine, however the included spike feat are very tiny and need to source some others.

Very easy to drive, sensitivity is 91db. I think these will be very good, just need a little more running in.
I’m sure they will calm down more.
I really wanted bigger speaker but as mentioned in another post, my ‘listening’ room which is actually the spare bedroom that is also used as a home office is too small for it.
I do keep looking at the Triangle Antel 40th edition and stopping my self from buying them.

Soldato
I’m sure they will calm down more.
I really wanted bigger speaker but as mentioned in another post, my ‘listening’ room which is actually the spare bedroom that is also used as a home office is too small for it.
I do keep looking at the Triangle Antel 40th edition and stopping my self from buying them.

I've put maybe another 10 hours on the Fyne F502's and there calming down now. There is a video on youtube where someone owned the F500's (bookshelf) version and it said it took a month for them to settle down. I still don't have the spikes on as the spike feet Fyne include are small and pressing into carpet. I'm probably going to sit the speakers on granite, or hard wooden board. At the moment there not very isolated and bass / energy is escaping into the floor. On the size I think now I'm just ok for the room. When everything is setup I'll post pictures of the speakers and room. The Fyne 502's put a lot of energy into the room, also there quite unforgiving of your source / amp, any issues they will highlight it.

I looked at the Triangle Antel 40th looks a very nice speaker, do they do a smaller version of those speakers? In my home office I have some active monitors.

Soldato
Purchased a Yamaha A-S1200 last week. The A-S1200 is Yamaha's entry level into their higher tier amplifiers, it's still running in, however the sound is more warm / smooth, similar to older amps of the past. Considered the A-S2200, however after using for a week i'm very happy and no regrets buying this.

AP1GczOYBm7caNTAcy43-jQOwkmsZTDy0qHMyj0i7K3OG49wWfD8VRtdT6Wa8pBOwX-Dwt8WLqPuUdrHBzf7UJIIJpbvu30cfaoFWPeBzYyGuQVaGNwsqIARpFjWdXPY1K_qD7W1vbEB2XErmodQL3fXhS3V=w1187-h890-s-no-gm

Last edited:
Associate
Purchased a Yamaha A-S1200 last week. The A-S1200 is Yamaha's entry level into their higher tier amplifiers, it's still running in, however the sound is more warm / smooth, similar to older amps of the past. Considered the A-S2200, however after using for a week i'm very happy and no regrets buying this.

AP1GczOYBm7caNTAcy43-jQOwkmsZTDy0qHMyj0i7K3OG49wWfD8VRtdT6Wa8pBOwX-Dwt8WLqPuUdrHBzf7UJIIJpbvu30cfaoFWPeBzYyGuQVaGNwsqIARpFjWdXPY1K_qD7W1vbEB2XErmodQL3fXhS3V=w1187-h890-s-no-gm
Looks lovely. Love the old school meters.

Soldato
Yes thank you, the VU meters look cool and do give indication of volume level.

Not really as actual db depends on speaker sensitivity and if the system was calibrated. In a stereo amp it won't be, so the VU meters are purely cosmetic. If it has watts output that gives a rough idea how many watts is being put out, The bottom part has watts output into 8ohm

Soldato
Not really as actual db depends on speaker sensitivity and if the system was calibrated. In a stereo amp it won't be, so the VU meters are purely cosmetic. If it has watts output that gives a rough idea how many watts is being put out, The bottom part has watts output into 8ohm

They give an indication of output and that's close enough, VU meters are cool regardless :D

Last edited:

Zom

Zom

Associate

What do you have connected up to this? Looks amazing BTW, those VU Meters are sick.

Soldato
What do you have connected up to this? Looks amazing BTW, those VU Meters are sick.

Yes thank you, I think VU meters are cool also :cool:

I have Fyne Audio F502 speakers.
Arcam IR DAC with a linear PSU.
WiiM Pro
Arcam CD player used as transport only.
HTPC with an Asus Essence STX II sound card in it.
There is a bunch of RA mains conditioning, RA power block, Kimber speaker cables connecting it all together.
Interconnects are Van Den Hul.
Hi Fi stand is a 6 shelf Atacama Eris in bamboo.

I'm currently looking for a turntable, either Rega Planar 6, or Nottingham Analogue Space Deck, those sort of lines.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes thank you, I think VU meters are cool also :cool:

I have Fyne Audio F502 speakers.
Arcam IR DAC with a linear PSU.
WiiM Pro
Arcam CD player used as transport only.
HTPC with an Asus Essence STX II sound card in it.
There is a bunch of RA mains conditioning, RA power block, Kimber speaker cables connecting it all together.
Interconnects are Van Den Hul.
Hi Fi stand is a 6 shelf Atacama Eris in bamboo.

I'm currently looking for a turntable, either Rega Planar 6, or Nottingham Analogue Space Deck, those sort of lines.
That amp is lovely, definitely on my list if my Nait ever packs in. It's integrated rather than just a power amp I take it?

Soldato
That amp is lovely, definitely on my list if my Nait ever packs in. It's integrated rather than just a power amp I take it?

Yes thank you. Yes it's an integrated amp, however it does have option to use a pre-amp if you wish.

When I posted around a month ago about the Fyne F502 both these and the A-S1200 were new and very little hours on them. I can confirm the sound quality is very good for the RRP price range they are both in. It's like an old school sound, it's warm but still detailed. Sound is totally balanced, I use no EQ on any sources, and treble and bass are always set to neutral.

Last edited:
Associate
Just packed up my Marantz NR1200 and B&W 607

Think I'm switching over to a soundbar, room is too awkward to have bookshelves without sacrificing how it looks.

And tbh, after listening to some decent soundbars, I'm not sure how much I'm missing out on

Soldato
Just packed up my Marantz NR1200 and B&W 607

Think I'm switching over to a soundbar, room is too awkward to have bookshelves without sacrificing how it looks.

And tbh, after listening to some decent soundbars, I'm not sure how much I'm missing out on

Go Sennheiser if you don't plan on adding rear speakers, least you can add a third party sub and nothing else comes close when it's bar vs bar.

Back
Top Bottom