Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
Naim and ATC sound signature a bit forward?
I only had the Nait 3, so they were woefully underpowered for the 19s. I ended up with Roskan K3 which is warmer sounding and has a bit more heft.
Indeed it was a bit forward even on the nait 3. I think when I can afford to I'll get the power series.

Right now I have a Roksan K3I on the tweeter, and a K3 Power Amp on the mid/bass, seems to work well, but man the Naim Amp sound is just another level, especially for metal and classical it is without peers.

Soldato
Probably a bit overkill considering it costs more than the Ambeo plus bar itself, but decided to treat myself as my Ambeo sub packed in and managed to get a trade in with Sevenoaks who will deal with it with Sennheiser :) Been a while since I've had a third party sub so need to play around with the settings unless and recommendations? Got their demo unit at the moment while I test it out and make sure I'm happy before they order a new one.

20240109-170325.jpg
20240109-171857.jpg

Soldato
Probably a bit overkill considering it costs more than the Ambeo plus bar itself, but decided to treat myself as my Ambeo sub packed in and managed to get a trade in with Sevenoaks who will deal with it with Sennheiser :) Been a while since I've had a third party sub so need to play around with the settings unless and recommendations? Got their demo unit at the moment while I test it out and make sure I'm happy before they order a new one.

20240109-170325.jpg
20240109-171857.jpg

That's not overkill. Ask if you can borrow SVS PB Ultra 16. ;)

Associate

20240109-170325.jpg
20240109-171857.jpg

How does it sound? These micro kef subwoofers seem to be very highly rated.

Soldato

I don't have any other sub to compare it against other than the Sennheiser and the Sonos Gen 3 but it absolutely slays both of those. I'm not sure how good it would be in a very large room but in my 7m x 5m it sounds absolutely fantastic. Just the actual sound itself and how much deeper it goes than the other two which makes it feel so much more cinematic. For the size of it, they've engineered something special. Yes it's pricey and I'm sure larger ones for cheaper are better but this fits anywhere, provides fantastic sound and even the wife likes it, so it's a win win.

Associate
I'm still really impressed with my KC62s, they go crazy low for their size and sound really good for music.

Physics limits how loud they can go (the electronics protects the sub by reducing the output of lowest frequencies as volume increases) but I can't say I've noticed it at normal(ish) listening levels. It might mean it's not as suitable in very large rooms or for AV use if you're trying to damage your house foundations.

Soldato
"3 . 0 P O S I T I O N I N G
To achieve the best results, the loudspeaker setup should be symmetrical round
your favourite listening position (see Figure 1A – C). We recommend that you
experiment with the position of your loudspeakers – the sound quality will change
depending on the loudspeaker position.
Objects positioned between the speaker and the listening position might negatively
affect sound quality.
The speakers are designed to meet our wide dispersion principle, so they should
NOT be angled towards the listening position, but be positioned parallel with the
rear wall, see Figure 2. By parallel positioning, the distortion in the main listening
area will be lowered and the room integration will be improved. The wide dispersion
principle will ensure that sound is spread evenly within a large area in the listening
room.
3.1 DALI OBERON 5, 7 & 9
The speakers are designed as floor standing speakers and they should ideally be
positioned minimum 20 cm (8”) from the rear wall."

Soldato
Ah, so I'm basically spot on, just need them 2" further forward from the wall

Edit - I've moved them and she hasn't noticed yet....hehehe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom