Pot noodle

Capodecina
Soldato
When's the last time you had a pot noodle? I just had one for the first time in about 15 years.

They had a dark one and a light-coloured one and I went for the light one. Turns out it's chicken and mushroom.

What an amazing thread.

Soldato
I went about 5 or 6 years (maybe a lot more, tbh) without having one, then bought a couple for a camping trip last summer. I enjoyed them so much they became a somewhat regular snack. I reckon I eat nearly one a week now.

Chicken and mushroom, Bombay Bad Boy are probably my favourite two.

Soldato
They were much better in the 80s. Dunno what they changed, but some time after 1996 they just got utterly ****. I think they removed the little bits of quorn, maybe stopped using MSG or something?
But when something called a "Bombay Bad Boy" is the best they've got, they must have nuked the fridge and jumped the shark!

Associate
Never had it. Sounds promising though.

They're acceptable food when drunk, but then so are a lot of things. I think the last one I had was in fact a Bombay Bad Boy when I was wasted, probably about 15 years ago. I can't say I've been tempted since.

EDIT: Please change the title back to Pot Nooble, as it is in GD :p

Soldato
They were much better in the 80s. Dunno what they changed, but some time after 1996 they just got utterly ****. I think they removed the little bits of quorn, maybe stopped using MSG or something?

If you have powdered msg, you can simply add it back in, or just at salt, or soy sauce, or a combination of the three.

Those childhood memories will come flooding back.

Back
Top Bottom