Pot noodle

Soldato
I much prefer the ‘proper’ Instant noodles you can get but a Pot Noodle still goes down well from time to time

Beef and tomato is the best, by some distance too. Bombay bad boy is decent enough. The Bacon Sizzler one was top tier… until it caused cancer

Last edited:
Soldato
Still haven’t found anything to challenge Nongshim when it comes to instant noodles.

Their spicy shin cup and kimchi flavours are great.

Those, Buldak/SamYang and Soba are probably my favourites.

But a pot noodle at the right time is also a treat. I think of them as entirely different beasts usually

Soldato
Still haven’t found anything to challenge Nongshim when it comes to instant noodles.

Their spicy shin cup and kimchi flavours are great.

My local Asda has stopped doing the "OoLongMen" branded shin cup chicken and beef flavours of Nongshim about a year ago, which were by far the best non-pot noodles noodles available in a standard shop. They only do the red packaged spicy ones now from Nongshim, as in your link, which while good you can't be having on a routine basis given how spicy they are. Soba are the next best but I yearn for the original chicken and beef nongs. Might be about time to bulk buy a couple of bulk boxes off Amazon which I did do a while back.

5 minutes later....

Great, now they have disappeared from Amazon. Can only get them bundled in variety boxes with the spicy ones. May explain why they have disappeared from the shops. :(

Soldato
My local Asda has stopped doing the "OoLongMen" branded shin cup chicken and beef flavours of Nongshim about a year ago, which were by far the best non-pot noodles noodles available in a standard shop. They only do the red packaged spicy ones now from Nongshim, as in your link, which while good you can't be having on a routine basis given how spicy they are. Soba are the next best but I yearn for the original chicken and beef nongs. Might be about time to bulk buy a couple of bulk boxes off Amazon which I did do a while back.

5 minutes later....

Great, now they have disappeared from Amazon. Can only get them bundled in variety boxes with the spicy ones. May explain why they have disappeared from the shops. :(
have a look on starrymart.co.uk. I have bought in bulk from them before when amazon sellers were taking the Mickey with prices.

Permabanned
I still enjoy a pot noodle now and again, Beef an Tomato is the go to and Bombay Bad Boy. You need bread and butter too, always. I don't make a sandwich though, I tear and dip and scoop up the noodles.

pot-noodle-sandwich-768x899.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
The internet is mad at this advert. I have no TV so never saw it, but upon seeing it mentioned on reddit i thought i'd take a look. Out of all the current adverts that i have seen on family's TV, this seems like the least offensive and bothering advert out there.

Soldato
I have a few Pot Noodles at home. Once a week at work, I finish at 8:30pm and back in at 7am - that's when I have them. Bad Boy Bombay, Peri Peri and Doner Kebab are my go to flavours.

Love drinking the BBB juice.

As a student, I did a group project with some lads on my course and met up at their digs. They offered me Pot Noodle on toast with grated cheese. Erm no thanks. What's this thing with students having to put grated cheese on almost everything? I know people who went to uni in the 80s to now and yep they went through a grated cheese phase.

Associate
I used to regularly enjoy all the flavours. Chicken and Mushroom probably the all time classic.

Then a mate of mine went to work at the factory in South Wales and the stories I heard put an end to eating them. Haven't touched a pot since 2003ish

Back
Top Bottom