** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Associate
Going to pull the trigger on the freesync version myself once it comes back into stock..

however one of the reservations i have is whether or not it will fit my desk....

what you guys think?

The red circle marks the intended position of the monitor, but i guess u guys alrdy assumed that :D

Generally the desk is pushed against a wall and my current monitor sits exactly where the red circle is

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
cheers Joe

What about depth? that is what concerns me, from the pics i have seen and due to the design of the stand its looks like you need a lot of space behind the actual screen to house the thing

Yeah the stand was 32cm iirc, most of that is at the back end. But because you're putting it in the corner I don't think that'll be an issue at all.

Soldato
cant make my mind up, get the gsync and use my 980 sli or freesync sell the 980's and get a fury and save £200

Didn't think I'd ever feel so pleased to own an AMD card. I lugged the monitor back home and its sitting in the corner waiting to get unboxed. :)

Now, I wonder if I'm going to need another 390 to drive the thing properly...

Soldato
Yeah the stand was 32cm iirc, most of that is at the back end. But because you're putting it in the corner I don't think that'll be an issue at all.

Between the 32cm where does the centre of the screen sit, or should I say from the centre of the screen how much to the rear is there.

My desk is up against the wall and I don't want the monitor to sit closer to my face than it already is.

Soldato
Also how many games, have there HUD's in the right place (edge of the screen) with this sort of resolution? Rather than in the middle of the screen where a normal screen would end.

cant think of any latley, its normaly a problem if the game does not support 21.9 and you have to use widescreen fixer but thankfully most modern games are supporting it fine

Soldato
Life is Strange and MGSV are the only 2 I've come across so far with 21:9 issues. There're simple fixes for both of them though, Life is Strange you just run a utility exe, MGSV requires a fixed .exe for the resolution then another file to fix marker positions. Basically any issues you come across there's usually a fix on wsgf forums.

As to monitor position, mine's boxed up ready to be RMA'd at the minute but the screen sits very forward on the stand. I think the legs poke over the front by 5cm or so but the rest is behind -- like I said though, because you're putting it in a corner it shouldn't be much of an issue. The overall width of the monitor is going to dictate more how far forward the monitor will be I'd imagine (assuming there are walls at the back of the desk?).

Associate
Life is Strange and MGSV are the only 2 I've come across so far with 21:9 issues. There're simple fixes for both of them though, Life is Strange you just run a utility exe, MGSV requires a fixed .exe for the resolution then another file to fix marker positions. Basically any issues you come across there's usually a fix on wsgf forums.

As to monitor position, mine's boxed up ready to be RMA'd at the minute but the screen sits very forward on the stand. I think the legs poke over the front by 5cm or so but the rest is behind -- like I said though, because you're putting it in a corner it shouldn't be much of an issue. The overall width of the monitor is going to dictate more how far forward the monitor will be I'd imagine (assuming there are walls at the back of the desk?).

Yes atm the desk is pushed up against the wall but i can move it out a few cms if required!

Its just another variable to add into the whole monitor lottery equation!

Thanks for all the replies lads!

Associate
cant think of any latley, its normaly a problem if the game does not support 21.9 and you have to use widescreen fixer but thankfully most modern games are supporting it fine

Have GTA fixed their issues with 21:9? Even running 21:9 aspect ratio in the menu, I remember having the minimap more in the centre of the screen.

hVmn0oH.png

Associate
Have GTA fixed their issues with 21:9? Even running 21:9 aspect ratio in the menu, I remember having the minimap more in the centre of the screen.

hVmn0oH.png

If you own the game, boot it up and take a look? Might aswell considering the Halloween event has 2 time-limited cars in Online. You wont be able to get them after.

Associate
Anyone who has used the TFT profile and settings. Did you do anything with the other colour options like Magenta etc in the menu?

I really like the more natural feel to the colors but yellows and oranges just don't seem right.

Thanks!!

Associate
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I was beaten to the punch by a few minutes :( lol

:(

Sorry, that was probably me, once it hit 599 I couldn't resist although this was in the morning sometime before your first post...

However, although I initially couldn't get above 60hz (tip remove any old eyefinity settings!) I now seem to have some flickering/signal lose issues as shown in this vid. This only happens when I get above 60Hz.

I've changed cables but without luck, so it's not looking great.

Additionally I do not get any FPS info shown in the box that appears after enabling the feature in the monitor menu. Should I expect this to show FPS at the windows desktop?

Gfx card used: Radeon 7950.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just rang in 30 mins ago and the chap said he wasn't sure when you where getting any so I've not ordered, how many are you getting in and how many back orders?

20 arrived, we had 21 back orders, of which 20 will ship today, next batch due in a few weeks.

Best to pre-order to secure on as they are hugely popular. :)

Freesync model is in stock and ready to ship.

Back
Top Bottom