Project Equilibrium.

Soldato
really interesting case!

Seems absolutely perfect for water-cooling and a seriously good show off case for all the hard work.

The CF effect vinyl is a nice touch - some of that stuff is really good, especially the textured 3D matt stuff. I have used it in the past on other stuff and was pleasantly surprised how well it conforms to curves and shapes with a little heat from a hair drier.

Think this is going to look very nice indeed, but that case really does give you no where to hide! Every little detail will be visible - look forwards to the end product :)

Associate
OP
really interesting case!

Seems absolutely perfect for water-cooling and a seriously good show off case for all the hard work.

The CF effect vinyl is a nice touch - some of that stuff is really good, especially the textured 3D matt stuff. I have used it in the past on other stuff and was pleasantly surprised how well it conforms to curves and shapes with a little heat from a hair drier.

Think this is going to look very nice indeed, but that case really does give you no where to hide! Every little detail will be visible - look forwards to the end product :)

Tell me about it.....i have spent days on cable tidying on previous builds, but this one is even harder as you rightly pointed out "but that case really does give you no where to hide!" :)

Associate
OP
Motherboard semi fitted with Swiftech Apogee XL CPU block semi fitted onto the plastic cpu cover just for acrylic tube measuring purposes.

20160122_142728_zpszvbj6fwh.jpg

20160122_142557_zpsylmaakni.jpg

20160122_142832_zpsohmaotqo.jpg

20160122_142843_zpsjxjabpmu.jpg

Will have to make a 90 degree template for tube bending and buy a heat gun tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Well the tubing was a no go......the Nitrile solid rubber cord which you have to push inside the Acrylic tubing to stop kinking was too thick.....i ordered 12mm for my 12mm id tubing but after speaking to another supplier there is apparently a thickness tolerance of 0.65mm either way which is the problem.....normally being a tight fit is usually a good thing in other types of insertions :D ....but in this case it is not. :(
I managed to get it in about 4" after about 10 minutes using warm soapy water then wd40, then it just wouldn't budge at all.

I have had to order 11mm Cord from another supplier and hope that does the job.

20160125_121206_zpsuhztgpc9.jpg

In the mean time i decided to do something else after wasting my time with the tubing episode.

I was going to spray paint my GPU alloy cover but decided to go down the vinyl route for when i come to sell it on.... it will be the original colour so as to not effect resale value.

20160125_150143_zpsqy30ymac.jpg

I also Primed up the PSU fanguard and pcie slots ready for painting.

20160125_150229_zps8neaabqc.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I manged to get it in about 4" after about 10 minutes using warm soapy water then wd40, then it just wouldn't budge at all.

Watch out with using something like normal WD40 on plastics... petroleum based oils can weaken and damage certain types iirc.

Safer option is a little bit of olive oil - cheap, easily available from the kitchen when the missus ain't looking, and cleans up very easily.

Last edited:
Soldato
This looks so awesome. I think though a taller res, same height as the radiator would look really sweet also. Either way, looking forward to this now, the carbon wrap really worked well. Helped hide some of the smaller holes and give it a much cleaner look.

Associate
OP
Taller res? This thing is humongous, im not sure anyone actually makes a bigger one apart from maybe the water company lol......This case is huge btw so maybe it makes the res/pump look smaller than it actually is. :)

Associate
OP
Thanks. :)

I had to put it on hold as i had car trouble.......Acrylic pipe bending is a bit of a mare if you havent done it before....not enough heat it kinks the tubing....too much and you get bubbles.....i have wasted 2 lengths so far but also have 2 good runs....a third run from the rad to cpu block is about 90% perfect apart from a little kink which you probs wont notice when the water is in it but it would do my head in, so i have decided to do it again.....its a pain when you get 2 perfect bends and then goosh the last one. :(

Will post some pics up soon. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok.....finally got some time to work on it again......still not finished yet.

Went to fire it up today and nothing? Long story short, the PSU is dead......i only took the fan cover off to paint it lol......contacted Corsair and put an RMA through.

I have changed a few things here and there when things looked naff or i came up with a better idea.......Here is what i have so far.

DSC_0093_zpslzag6brj.jpg

DSC_0096_zpsltlirdtx.jpg

DSC_0090_zpsph5mxnh3.jpg

DSC_0081_zps8sgh1kqu.jpg

DSC_0100_zpsj5fogawy.jpg

DSC_0098_zps2hm8pbqg.jpg

Associate
Shame to hear about the PSU.

Still, it's looking really tidy and the colour scheme and build quality are both great.

Looking forward to you getting the PSU back so that you can continue!

Back
Top Bottom