Project Equilibrium.

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone. :)

I have redone the perspex (where the fan controller and temp guage sit) and replaced the darker blue vinyl with carbon fibre vinyl.

Added some more leds and UV lighting.......i'm not sure about the UV, will probs bin that idea as it might make it look naff?

@ P4Clock.....Dimensions (mm) 570 x 333 x 608 (W x D x H)

Will hopefully post some more pics up this week. :)

Associate
OP
Well it just keeps getting worse.....bought a 2nd hand mobo off ebay (needed to have blue in it) and i noticed it had a bent pin where the cpu sits.....long story short it only works with 1 stick of ram and the audio is knackered.

I have had to buy another x97 mobo which arrived today....will fit tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Just in the process of doing it now.

Now this saga is turning into an epic.....ordered a ATX Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H mobo and went to fit it today only to find the mobo standoffs were different.....had to remove some which then made me realise the mobo is slightly smaller.....no biggy i thought.....until i realised that the cpu was a bit more to the left than the other gigabyte ATX.....head in hands looking up to the ceiling shouting nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

The Acrylic tubing will not move a millimeter never mind an inch and a half. :eek:

So now i have bought another mobo exactly the same as the one i bought from ebay, as i know this defo fits and ive emailed the people who i bought the wrong size mobo from to ask for a return.

I knew there was different sized mobos ie ATX mATX etc....but i never knew they made different sized ATX mobos? :confused:

So with this being an easter weekend its looking like the back end of next week before i can do anything to this build....gutted. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
You'll get there. If it's any consolation I've just got most of my orders delivered. Two are mis-described, one's faulty, one I'm not happy with the quality of and the other I've mis-ordered cos I mixed up the old plan and the new....so you're doing quite well by comparison to my incompetence!

Associate
OP
Up and running again....had a problem with the Riser cable which i have temp fixed until i get a revised one from the USA, but apart from that it's now golden. :)

20160401_143650_zpslxm8cwu0.jpg

20160401_143708_zpsjypkeb0l.jpg

20160401_143846_zpstezvjlrk.jpg

20160401_142149_zps57tppsss.jpg

20160401_142138_zpsyyanvju4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking good. Glad you got the parts before the weekend :D
What's the back of that case look like? Is is begging to have a Mo-Ra bolted on the off-side? Obviously another 980Ti or two to justify it! :D
I can spend other people's money much easier than my own; it hurts less! ;)

Soldato
Yeah looks fantastic, i wish i could pull off an open PC but im just too lazy on the dusting, would end up covered in doghairs looking more like another pet after a few weeks :)

Back
Top Bottom