Quest 3 accessories thread

Soldato

It looks like meta are the only one to do a headstrap without a pivot. So you have 3 options

1. Buy a meta quest 3 elite headstrap... can be had for much cheaper on the bay.

2. Buy a quest 2 headstrap without a pivot, there are loads on aliexpress and get some cheap adaptors to fit it to the Q3

3. Buy a decent Q3 headstrap with a pivot and glue the pivot with loctite.

Soldato
Got the Globular Cluster F3 magnetic facial interface today. This consists of a magnetic adaptor and three (yes three!) magnetic interfaces, one with a PU cushion, one with Index style grey cushion and another with a different, black soft cushion. On top of that the cushions are velcroed so you can swap them around or take them off for cleaning.

As an early adopter they also sent me their index style controller grips too (which is great because I wanted to get some sort of grips anyway.)

Note these interfaces and grips aren't compatible with the official charging dock.

Initial impessions are pretty good. The interfaces feel just like the Index does when snapping them in and out. The PU one is the most padded, and probably the one I'll use for VR exercise. The black one is the thinnest and gives the best FOV.

Best of all you can still use the headset without the facial interface if you have a HALO strap which makes MR way more immersive.

There are two types of interface - narrower for HALO headstraps and a wider one for Elite style straps, so if you order make sure you get the right one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom