Quest 3 accessories thread

Caporegime
OK, I got my MVH Studios headstrap, modified it and put in on my Quest 3. The photo below is the headstrap as I had it on my Quest 2.

1qCgM4J.jpg

I won't put up a photo of how it looks on my Quest 3. To imagine how it looks, go back to Nightst@lker's post above. Now imagine the completely opposite of that, and it still looks worse than you just imagined :p I used cable ties, not neatly cut. And I had to hack the ends of the arms off the headstrap as they covered the power and earphone connectors.

But, despite the appearance, it's so comfortable now!! The headset is suspended in front of my eyes. No weight is been pressed against my forehead or my nose.

So if any of you bought the MVH studio's head strap when it came out, it might be worth taking it out and trying it on the Quest 3.

EDIT: actually that's not the right photo. In my finished Quest 2 head strap, I am using the spare cover from the VR cover set as extra padding on top of the head.

Looks like something that should be in a Saw film :p

Underboss
OP
Anyone found any Q3 non prescription lens protectors, or is it still a bit early for them to have hit the stores yet.

Plano lenses

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone on reddit got a Bobo M3 Pro yesterday for his Quest 3 from the rainforest in canada and just shared his thoughts. I don't know if we can link to reddit so here's a paste.

Introduction

This review provides insights into the usability and comfort offered by the BoboVR Halo M3 strap, as well as a comparison with other available strap options for virtual reality (VR) headsets. Observations will be updated through continued use. For me personally it's a must buy, comfort wise.
Comfort Assessment

• BoboVR Halo M3 Strap:
    • Rating: 9/10
    • Pros: Ensures even weight distribution, prevents facial squeezing, enhances usage duration. Added battery pack includes a good counter balance.
    • Cons: Adds slight weight, may disrupt hair upon adjustment. Introduces very slight unobtrusive forward/backward wobble due to design.
  • Default Cloth Strap:
    • Rating: 5/10
    • Observation: Terrible weight distribution from the get-go. Limited to approximately 20-minute or less use before facial cheek pressure discomfort arises.
  • Elite Strap(from previous Quest 2 experience):
    • Rating: 7/10
    • Comparison: Notably superior to the default strap. Significantly less discomfort, but facial pressure is still prominent after a lengthy session.
Extended Use Insights

Switching to the BoboVR Halo M3 strap has notably elongated comfortable use to several continuous hours, albeit not recommended for eye health. Notable quirks and user tips are discussed in the subsequent segments.

Power Management

Despite its comfort, there are concerns related to the strap’s battery management:

• Observed gradual battery drain while plugged into the pack.
  • The battery reportedly charges at 15W while the headset consumes approximately 20W, varying with use.
  • An audible high-pitched squeal emanating from the battery while charging, whose cause is currently undetermined and offers a slight distraction.
User Modification Tip

Removing the facial interface offers a distinct, albeit less secure, user experience akin to wearing a “hat with floating glasses,” favorably altering the sensation and immersion. It, however, permits more light ingress and may be suitable for stationary activities like web browsing.

Stability: Wobble Test

For me it is not noticeable. In terms of stability:

• Sideways: Demonstrates commendable stability.
  • Forward/Backward: Exhibits minor, unobtrusive wobbling.
  • Noteworthy that comparative analysis is limited due to the lack of experience with diverse straps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I’ve bought a few accessories over the past couple of days, all Meta so naturally overpriced but figured I’d share my thoughts

Active straps
These are very nice and a good upgrade over the standard leashes you get on the controllers. However they’re about £35 too much price wise for what they are :p

Facial interface
This is much better than the weird fabric interface that you get standard which was all sorts of irritating on my skin.

Elite strap with battery
Considerably better than the fabric strap as you’d expect, nice weight to the battery which offsets the frontal weight somewhat. Works seamlessly with the dock as well so no messing plugging it in to charge separately from the headset.

Soldato
Has anyone used any sort of gun mount for their VR in the past? If so any recommendations on what brand to get?

Associate
Bought one of those Maecker halo straps, it's a big improvement over the stock strap. It very much reminds me of the elite strap I had for the Q2.

Does anyone know if anyone other than Zenni are actually shipping prescription lenses ? I bought VRoptician ones for the Q2, and I was very happy with those ones but their ETA is November.

Last edited:
Associate
Man, the standard head strap for the Quest 3 is a freaking trial. It sucks so much.

Interested in hearing reports in Kiwi & Bobovr straps as these seem like a necessary investment to get much enjoyment...

Associate
Man, the standard head strap for the Quest 3 is a freaking trial. It sucks so much.

Interested in hearing reports in Kiwi & Bobovr straps as these seem like a necessary investment to get much enjoyment...

I find it better than the Quest 2 strap, just don't have it too tight. Still not ideal though.

I'll be replacing it once more reviews come out for the custom ones. I'll probably go for one with a battery.

Soldato
Booked an a eye test for midday tomorrow. I found out it's free because I qualify as an old git. But that means I'll be in possession of a new prescription and can go ahead and order the HonsVR lenses tomorrow! \o/

Back
Top Bottom