Quest 3 accessories thread

Soldato
All the other lenses I've had clip over the outside. (Though the Widmo VR CV1 set was actually like a pair of glasses, which I still have which might be adapted for the Q3... hmmm.)

Soldato
yeah, but how do you fit your pro ones ? or do you not have any for your pro ?

I've got the VR Optician ones and they clip over the top of the lens cups. They have these little protusions that dig into the rubber cups surrounding the lenses. They're actually a pain to clip on properly. If you don't do it right they tend to fall off. They also protrude from the lenses so you have less room to dial in the headet, though I have it on the closest eye-relief.

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
I've got the VR Optician ones and they clip over the top of the lens cups. They have these little protusions that dig into the rubber cups surrounding the lenses. They're actually a pain to clip on properly. If you don't do it right they tend to fall off. They also protrude from the lenses so you have less room to dial in the headet, though I have it on the closest eye-relief.

ah these ones for the Q3 aren't big enough really, then are slightly smaller than the lenses i think, so hard to explain, but i think really they fit in between the rubber and the lens

Last edited:
Soldato
ah these ones for the Q3 aren't big enough really, then are slightly smaller than the lenses i think, so hard to explain, but i think really they fit in between the rubber and the lens

I just got home and read your earlier post regarding the sender address, thanks for that. Sorry to read you're not getting on with the lenses. The reviewer in that video you linked seemed to just pop them on until he heard a click. I'll watch it again to see if he twisted them on. Did you hear a click when you installed yours? If not, that might be the problem. Also, I'm sure you did but I have to ask, have you put the correct face of the lenses downward, eg, like heads or tails?

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
I just got home and read your earlier post regarding the sender address, thanks for that. Sorry to read you're not getting on with the lenses. The reviewer in that video you linked seemed to just pop them on until he heard a click. I'll watch it again to see if he twisted them on. Did you hear a click when you installed yours? If not, that might be the problem. Also, I'm sure you did but I have to ask, have you put the correct face of the lenses downward, eg, like heads or tails?

no click

hmm

ill watch that video then , thanks

Associate
There's definitely a knack to fitting prescription lense inserts, they have to be the correct way up and also have to align properly.

Soldato

I had a set of the plano ones in my basket, but if they reduce the FOV then I'll look elsewhere. Meta should be making the lens cups so that it's easy to fit extra lens protection without reducing the FOV.

Associate
Hey all, just got my quest 3 yesterday. Loving the clarity, coming from the original vive so it’s a massive jump up. As with everyone else, I’m finding the strap is awful and uncomfortable so that needs to go. Not paying the money for the elite as it’s far too expensive. I see the bobo is highly talked about but not looking like it will be available for a while. Any other good ones that are available? Ideally with a battery.

Soldato
Hey all, just got my quest 3 yesterday. Loving the clarity, coming from the original vive so it’s a massive jump up. As with everyone else, I’m finding the strap is awful and uncomfortable so that needs to go. Not paying the money for the elite as it’s far too expensive. I see the bobo is highly talked about but not looking like it will be available for a while. Any other good ones that are available? Ideally with a battery.
I don't think theres much about at the moment. Bobovr is the go to one normally.
Kiwi design will probably release one but that's going to be the end of the year.
Join the bobovr discord channel and you can have alerts when they come into stock.
They have said that some stock should be arriving in the uk on Tuesday

Soldato
71G8pmX3PkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Associate
Just had the INIU 5 meters powered link cable delivered.
Connected it both to my PC and charger and started playing Half Life Alyx.
My settings are:
Oculus software: max resolution and 80hz
Oculus debug tool: encode bitrate 400mbps, codec h264, encode resolution width 4128, distortion curvature low.
Playing this way for 2.5 hours the headset battery dropped from 100% to 99% so clearly it allows for continuous gameplay.
The cable is thick but very flexible and it weighs quite a bit which actually helps to counterweight the headset a bit( using bobovr headstrap without battery).
Can 100% recommend to those who don’t mind tethered gameplay.

Associate
I don't think theres much about at the moment. Bobovr is the go to one normally.
Kiwi design will probably release one but that's going to be the end of the year.
Join the bobovr discord channel and you can have alerts when they come into stock.
They have said that some stock should be arriving in the uk on Tuesday
That great thanks mate. I don’t suppose you can link me invite code please. I can’t seem to find it

Back
Top Bottom