Red, Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink and Black. It's the General Snooker Thread!

Commissario
Really enjoyed that tournament, despite some of the sessions going on far too late.

Shame nobody got the golden ball though but it was a nice thing to have hanging in the background. Let it carry over and double the money next year?

Soldato
Wow what a cool tourno in the end. I quite enjoyed it. Short, sharp, snappy games. Bit rough round the edges with some things but given it's the first of its kind a great job really. His excellency coming on at the end making that announcement was a crowd pleaser! It's kind of a good thing that the golden break wasn't done first year, it prolongs the expectation and interest.

Caporegime
Wow what a cool tourno in the end. I quite enjoyed it. Short, sharp, snappy games. Bit rough round the edges with some things but given it's the first of its kind a great job really. His excellency coming on at the end making that announcement was a crowd pleaser! It's kind of a good thing that the golden break wasn't done first year, it prolongs the expectation and interest.
Personally, I can’t see it ever being done.

Caporegime
OP
That was really enjoyable. I think with it only being three days they could do it two times a year, have another go in late August or something when there's not much happening on the snooker calendar. And a million bucks for the next session to boot!

Last edited:
Soldato
When his excellency goes "excuse me" to get the mic for his announcement, I genuinely thought initially that he was telling Eddie Hearne and co to get out the shot so he could pose with the trophy on his own! Lol

Soldato
I didn’t watched any of that event but I have seen the stuff thats floating around on SM. The only reason I know the event was on. Some cracking lines from Ronnie though after winning the event.

I’ll tell you what though it’ll be quite the thing to see him really go for it for £790,000 for the top break. I’m sure he’ll try something like smashing the pack from the break! :cry: Could be carnage!

He’s not had one since 2018 due to the lack of prize money he’s rarely gone for them. I seen that John Higgins attempt, that was pretty unlucky that it rolled so close to the yellow. Would have been interesting to see what actually happens when they pot the final black, do they have to go up the table and pot it from the cushion?

What I have found a bit strange and I done a bit of research and it appears that its the case for most of the sports they’re hosting. The stadia/venues are virtually empty. With the money involved I’m not sure why they don’t just offer free tickets to fill it so it looks better from a PR POV or even pay people to be there? It would looks so much better and would surely add to the whole event.

Commissario
Would have been interesting to see what actually happens when they pot the final black, do they have to go up the table and pot it from the cushion?
Yes, it's just treated as another ball on the table until the 147 is no longer possible and then it's removed. It just happens to start in a deliberately awkward position.

Soldato
Yes, it's just treated as another ball on the table until the 147 is no longer possible and then it's removed. It just happens to start in a deliberately awkward position.
Where is it placed on the table? I’ve not seen any of the event.

Commissario
Where is it placed on the table? I’ve not seen any of the event.
On the baulk cushion.

The comments are completely against it and I wasn't keen before the event but it did add another level, I thought it was a nice addition. I wouldn't want to see it on every tournament but as a one off for this particular match, it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom