Rent increase question

Caporegime
He will even help you move your furniture with his one mighty arm

D7LO3kp.jpg

Soldato
Woot woot, officially a refugee from my own home :cry:
Just to note, they can't physically force you to vacate by Jan 5th and even if they start court proceedings against you to get a repossession notice (which'll take them a year) if you move out then there's no case against you.

If you think they are going to get cute about not paying back deposit you could also stop paying rent early so that they have to chase you for money at the end.

Having said that, apparently rents are falling right now as the market has cooled, so it's probably a perfect time to get the new rent locked in and leave your current LL with a nice long void period over Christmas when you vacate early as you are only required to give 1 months notice if you want to go sooner.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The photos make it look a LOT bigger than it is, and the garden is shared and nobody ever uses it so it may as well not exist.

It could well be worth £2k but don't be fooled by the photos, these estate agents are extremely good at doctoring images.

Caporegime
The photos make it look a LOT bigger than it is, and the garden is shared and nobody ever uses it so it may as well not exist.

It could well be worth £2k but don't be fooled by the photos, these estate agents are extremely good at doctoring images.

Ah. Yeah I thought the garden was yours.
Shared = pointless in my eyes as well.

I hate estate agent pics.
Went to see a house to buy. Garden looked. Decent size.

Must have been a 1mm lens! It was so small compared to the pics. It wasted everybody's time.

Man of Honour
Closest similar place I could find around where I live is £1100/m - more than I thought but £870-1000/m for stuff in a similar ballpark. Couple of places at £1900 and 1400 but one of them is huge (1400) and the other is having a laugh.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Must have been a 1mm lens! It was so small compared to the pics. It wasted everybody's time.

This is the thing that ****** me off. When we were buying our current place we went to see so many houses that were nothing like their pictures. I now look at the floor plan and square footage of the house to see if its worth even considering.

We would turn up, realise that the pictures were a complete con and not even consider it. Wastes everyones time so I don't know why they do it. Do they think people will turn up and think "well its half the size I thought it was but hey ho". I can only assume its to get people through the door to make the estate agent look better.

Caporegime
This is the thing that ****** me off. When we were buying our current place we went to see so many houses that were nothing like their pictures. I now look at the floor plan and square footage of the house to see if its worth even considering.

We would turn up, realise that the pictures were a complete con and not even consider it. Wastes everyones time so I don't know why they do it. Do they think people will turn up and think "well its half the size I thought it was but hey ho". I can only assume its to get people through the door to make the estate agent look better.

Yeah it was annoying.
I get showing in a good light. But when what turned out to be a slope looked like something flat and 4x the size it's a bit of a **** take.

Google Street view/satellite can help but not always.

In this case it was just 30 min drive. But if you're travelling x-country it's a much worse!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom