** Resident Evil 4 Remake Thread **

Soldato
Yup, did it on the same day I finished the HC Minimalist run, all S ranks first time and got the Handcannon.

Before Mercs, you had to finish Pro on NG without bonus items to get it, now you can just S rank all stages and done, which is great because it's super easy.

For S+ you basically can't drop the combo from start to finish, for S you can just faff about and still get it:p

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yup, did it on the same day I finished the HC Minimalist run, all S ranks first time and got the Handcannon.

Before Mercs, you had to finish Pro on NG without bonus items to get it, now you can just S rank all stages and done, which is great because it's super easy.

For S+ you basically can't drop the combo from start to finish, for S you can just faff about and still get it:p

Oooh. Good to know. Will do that next then. For now I ended up starting my 3rd chilled gameplay run with my PS5 controller on Standard. Boy do get given loads of ammo on Standard vs Pro mode. I will now try and make magnum only ammo as everything else there is plenty off.

Need to stop using my crossbow, but can't help it. I keep thinking I will save on handgun ammo :cry:

Might fully upgrade the Matilda handgun next for the fun of it. But first going to get the unlimited rocket launcher. I am halfway already on that :)

Soldato
Oooh. Good to know. Will do that next then. For now I ended up starting my 3rd chilled gameplay run with my PS5 controller on Standard. Boy do get given loads of ammo on Standard vs Pro mode. I will now try and make magnum only ammo as everything else there is plenty off.

Need to stop using my crossbow, but can't help it. I keep thinking I will save on handgun ammo :cry:

Might fully upgrade the Matilda handgun next for the fun of it. But first going to get the unlimited rocket launcher. I am halfway already on that :)

Yeah, I'll try working towards the IRL now as well but now on Ch4 Pro piling up money and enjoying the atmosphere, it's really easy in NG+ as you said, at least so far. Had enough leftover spinels to buy the upgrade ticket immediately so I can get inf ammo for the Handcannon but saving it for now. I might also try figuring out some shortcuts and strats in case I'm dumb enough to attempt that S+ Pro, which might be the case considering my last run:p

Haven't used the Matilda yet but I heard it absolutely melts bosses with Cat Ears but you need to get S+ on Pro to get that anyways.

First playthrough on Standard I only used the Punisher, then the Red9 on HC S+ Minimalist and really liked it with the stock. Now I'm using everything I can:p

I started a bunch of other games but I just keep thinking "oh well, just one more run of RE4":D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, I'll try working towards the IRL now as well but now on Ch4 Pro piling up money and enjoying the atmosphere, it's really easy in NG+ as you said, at least so far. Had enough leftover spinels to buy the upgrade ticket immediately so I can get inf ammo for the Handcannon but saving it for now. I might also try figuring out some shortcuts and strats in case I'm dumb enough to attempt that S+ Pro, which might be the case considering my last run:p

Haven't used the Matilda yet but I heard it absolutely melts bosses with Cat Ears but you need to get S+ on Pro to get that anyways.

First playthrough on Standard I only used the Punisher, then the Red9 on HC S+ Minimalist and really liked it with the stock. Now I'm using everything I can:p

I started a bunch of other games but I just keep thinking "oh well, just one more run of RE4":D

Same. Was thinking of uninstalling it but then said oh go on, one more time :D

Will just play as and when I fancy rather than it being the main game I am concentrating on.

Soldato
Same. Was thinking of uninstalling it but then said oh go on, one more time :D

Will just play as and when I fancy rather than it being the main game I am concentrating on.

I'm not even trying to focus on it, just nothing particularly grips me after it for some reason:p

• Haha
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'm not even trying to focus on it, just nothing particularly grips me after it for some reason:p

I installed Freelancer (yes a 20 year old game) and am enjoying that.

But also quickly did the 3 mercenary missions and got the hand cannon. I actually managed to get S+ on the third mission :)

Does getting S+ on all 3 get you anything else as it seems it would be easy to do.

I actually thought the hand cannon was an unlimited weapon. Did not know it was just a slightly more powerful magnum. What makes it special? I think I would prefer my fully upgraded Killer magnum. Maybe I am missing something?

Soldato
I installed Freelancer (yes a 20 year old game) and am enjoying that.

But also quickly did the 3 mercenary missions and got the hand cannon. I actually managed to get S+ on the third mission :)

Does getting S+ on all 3 get you anything else as it seems it would be easy to do.

I actually thought the hand cannon was an unlimited weapon. Did not know it was just a slightly more powerful magnum. What makes it special? I think I would prefer my fully upgraded Killer magnum. Maybe I am missing something?

S+ doesn't give you anything.

What makes the Handcannon special is its final upgrade which gives you unlimited ammo:p

Soldato
Oooh. That makes sense then. You may have even mentioned it, but I think it did not register :cry:

I will do that now then, I have 1 million to spend :D

The Chicago Sweeper is the same but you need to beat Pro under 7h which is no biggie since it doesn't even need to be NG, you can use everything you want:p

Caporegime
These remakes of the RE look utterly fantastic on oled in hdr.

Game playing beautifully maxed out with RT at 3440x1440 with TAA. Did try FSR 2 and well as per usual, complete and utter disappointment, FSR 1 lol....... modded in DLSS but getting crashing, thankfully this is a somewhat good TAA implementation though, that and great performance so not having dlss here isn't too much of a biggie.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
These remakes of the RE look utterly fantastic on oled in hdr.

Game playing beautifully maxed out with RT at 3440x1440 with TAA. Did try FSR 2 and well as per usual, complete and utter disappointment, FSR 1 lol....... modded in DLSS but getting crashing, thankfully this is a somewhat good TAA implementation though, that and great performance so not having dlss here isn't too much of a biggie.

You may have done something wrong. I got no crashing :)

Back
Top Bottom