• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX HDR for games!

Associate
How do we set the Brightness peak for TV's like Samsung S90C that only detect maximum 800 and not higher. which is the maximum peak for this TV? 1200 1500 or 2000? no one said for sure from what I checked over the internet.
if I edit it in CRU in the HDR METADATA then I can write for example 159 79 1 on the boxes and then it let me set more than 800 nits , it says in windows 1566nits but I'm not sure if that's what I need.
in the nvidia app I was having issues with it going between 1000 nits and 1200 nits as an option,

even if it means restarting your pc several times, otherwise mine was going to 2000+ nits which is fine for tone mapping but not for the Nvidia app.

also you can mod the tv with the service menu for a brighter panel.

If you have the base untouched S90C you should be getting a peak brightness of 1100, modded 1350 nits if you changed it to S95C panel :)

I also don't know what your base settings are, you may need to calibrate the display correctly in the first place.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do we set the Brightness peak for TV's like Samsung S90C that only detect maximum 800 and not higher. which is the maximum peak for this TV? 1200 1500 or 2000? no one said for sure from what I checked over the internet.
if I edit it in CRU in the HDR METADATA then I can write for example 159 79 1 on the boxes and then it let me set more than 800 nits , it says in windows 1566nits but I'm not sure if that's what I need.
Same here 800 nits for both my QLED and OLED. Not sure why Nvidia won't just let us input the number manually.

Also the Nvidia APP keeps turning on RTX HDR and Dynamic Vibrance on global settings for some reason.

Last edited:
Associate
Same here 800 nits for both my QLED and OLED. Not sure why Nvidia won't just let us input the number manually.

Also the Nvidia APP keeps turning on RTX HDR and Dynamic Vibrance on global settings for some reason.

What solved it for me, was removing the plug for 20 seconds, powering up the tv again and only launching the PC HDMI from the home menu.

Always getting 1200 nits reading now after recalibrating after doing the above and correct HDR settings for the most part, it still does sometimes overly saturate and I have to disable and re-enable HDR with Windows Key + ALT + B if that doesn't work just going to display settings and advanced display seems to correct any random changes.

Last edited:
Soldato
No multimonitor fix yet? Can't even get the option to show up in my Nvidia app on the latest game ready driver.

Not yet to my knowledge - Nvidia said multi monitor support would come in a driver update. As such I'm still using the RTX HDR mod, which is a bit fiddly but mostly great - and works with multi monitors.

Back
Top Bottom