'Russia is seriously running out of cash'

Caporegime

**Knock off the baiting**

Are you seriously suggesting that democracy in Russia is alive and well? That these are free and fair elections? Come on.

...what can't be denied he is on the ground generally very popular, I have lived and worked in Russia and 50% of people are madly in love with him, 40% take the view no one is better, we are happy enough with him and 10% (mainly manipulated teenagers) hate his guts.

It's fairly clear that Putin is popular in Russia what I'm disputing is that his success in "elections" tells you anything about how popular or that an increased vote share indicates he's become more popular. They're no more meaningful than the "elections" of Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong.

As for "mainly manipulated teenagers", do you not think there's a fair amount of manipulation and bias in the media presentation of Putin to Russians?

Caporegime
Money is make believe right?

It's make believe in the sense that popularity is make believe not in the same sense that fairies are make believe.

How do you run out of something that is make believe?

Russian could create more money but if it does so it causes a loss of belief in its existing money. In other words: it causes inflation. Creating money from nothing would drive down the value of the Ruble and that wouldn't actually help them at all.

Man of Honour
Sources from your behind don't really prove anything.

Not sure about his figures but there are independent studies that show around 50% of the population believe strongly in the importance of Russia's standing in the world with most of them believing that Putin is the best way of achieving that.

Caporegime
China will bail them out if necessary, Russia aren't the only country standing up against US hegemony. Read about BRIC's and the development bank they've all set up together, we've even joined it and we're letting China build our nuclear power stations... the US are the ones on the wane if anything.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
China will bail them out if necessary, Russia aren't the only country standing up against US hegemony. Read about BRIC's and the development bank they've all set up together, we've even joined it and we're letting China build our nuclear power stations... the US are the ones on their way down if anything.

One of these countries isn't going down without a fight IMO.

Soldato
Russia is one of the largest exporters in the world. Oil is a large part of that but its not a great indicator of world growth if they have trouble selling.

Unlike USA they dont have great access to debt to make up for budget short falls. China has its own problem and a rising cost of labour bringing a necessary adjustment to their mass production economy.

The two countries already have a direct agreement to trade goods for oil, China has little oil. Im not sure China will bail them out, they need to alter their debt holdings for USA in that case.
Its not that China favours USA but the dollar is the global reserve currency and Russia is the kind of country to shoot down civilian aircraft, not really trusted for fairness and stability is it. Who will take over from USA if they cannot stop over consuming Im not sure

Caporegime
Not sure about his figures but there are independent studies that show around 50% of the population believe strongly in the importance of Russia's standing in the world with most of them believing that Putin is the best way of achieving that.

He certainly has some support but its not as widespread. I have several colleagues living in Moscow, they seems to think its probably less than a third of the population actually like him and another third are too scared to say much against him the rest openly hating him.

Permabanned
If I lived in Russia I'd vote for Putin too, you'd be stupid not to.

Those who do not, randomly die out for mysterious reasons.

Caporegime
Hang on so russier is running out of cash because its only 2.2 billion in the positve but america is 13 trillion in the hole and thats fine?

Caporegime
He certainly has some support but its not as widespread. I have several colleagues living in Moscow, they seems to think its probably less than a third of the population actually like him and another third are too scared to say much against him the rest openly hating him.

So still better figures than most leaders

Associate
We spend a lot, but we don't make our own people suffer for it. We have a target of a 2% spend on defence. I wonder what Russia's % is.

Oh really? At a time we're being told that as a country we can't afford proper healthcare, education, and social services because austerity, our defence spending is hurting no one?

That money couldn't be spent in a way which is more beneficial ways?

Caporegime
Oh really? At a time we're being told that as a country we can't afford proper healthcare, education, and social services because austerity, our defence spending is hurting no one?

That money couldn't be spent in a way which is more beneficial ways?

what's the other 98% going on though?

Soldato
Are you seriously suggesting that democracy in Russia is alive and well? That these are free and fair elections? Come on.

Democracy in Russia is no more unhealthy than other countries, Greek voters ignored in the home of democracy. French parties ganging up to screw over other popular parties. The biggest march in British history against the Iraq war ignored, it goes on and on. The only reports of vote rigging this time I can see is some random Siberian villages stuffing the box.

As for "mainly manipulated teenagers", do you not think there's a fair amount of manipulation and bias in the media presentation of Putin to Russians?

I do, every country feeds its citizens propaganda, which is more tasty than NGO propaganda to make a colour revolution, which in the end makes the country 10x worse.

Permabanned
Hang on so russier is running out of cash because its only 2.2 billion in the positve but america is 13 trillion in the hole and thats fine?

Russia is a thug country with whom no one wants to do business with. United States on other hand is an upstanding entity that represents and projects freedom and democracy.

You can't even come close to comparing the two. While America is 13 trillion in hole its for the good reasons.

Russia should be recognized as terrorist state, I do not know why they're not yet.

Caporegime
Russia is a thug country with whom no one wants to do business with. United States on other hand is an upstanding entity that represents and projects freedom and democracy.

You can't even come close to comparing the two. While America is 13 trillion in hole its for the good reasons.

Russia should be recognized as terrorist state, I do not know why they're not yet.

yeah money's still money.

not heard of banks being particularly moral.

Permabanned
yeah money's still money.

not heard of banks being particularly moral.

You don't see banks in a hurry lending money to ISIS do you?? Soon enough Russia will be the same.... Rightly so.

The sooner we put a plan together to get rid of Russia's nukes the better, a 5th world terrorist state can't be trusted with nuclear weapons.

Back
Top Bottom