Russian SU-24 - Shot Down by Turkey

Soldato
dsafgfasd.png

Think thats the same area. Barely 2km by the looks of it. I assume Turkeys airspace doesnt extend into syria?

Permabanned
How do you get at people hugging the Turkish border? You cannot fly a plane close to them and just turn away can you? Maybe they turned late and went a little bit into Turkeys airspace.

The thing is though, How come Russia gets shot down yet, The Al-Nusra front and other terrorists are allowed to straggle the Turkish border? The truth is they are using the border as a defense tool by slipping in and over it. If Russia had a plane inside Turkeys airspace they could never of parachuted down into Syrian territory into the hands of Turkmen unless the Turkmen are right on the border?

Fishy stuff indeed. Everyone knows ISIS operate INSIDE Turkey.

Soldato
So, I am calling BS on the "warned them 10 times" statement from Turkey. Ok, the jet flew through their airspace, and yes, they have a right to defend it, but there is no way they could have issued an alert 10 times, unless they issue it before they actually enter?

Soldato
So, fallout 5, now featuring photorealistic 3d graphics and "5d" functionality, smell the fire and feel the radiation actually burning your skin!

Also 1.3 miles? So at 300mph (relatively slow for this kind of aircraft) we're talking max travel time of about 15.6 seconds if my lemsip raddled brain workings are even vaguely accurate

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Silly Turks, another crack pot nation and they are so close in joining the EU.

If they start clambering for NATO we should leave them well alone to fend for themselves.

Transmission breaker
Don
I thought that track seems to show that the aircraft had completed the same loop once before, and it is probable it was warned a number of times both during and after that first incursion, then again, before it re-entered.
Doing it twice smacks of deliberate and inflammatory action.

Caporegime
after warning it 10 times over five minutes about violating Turkish airspace over the town of Yayladagi, in Hatay province.

Yayladagi is around 3km inside the Turkish border and the width of that space is around 20km..........

Think thats the same area. Barely 2km by the looks of it. I assume Turkeys airspace doesnt extend into syria?

20km not 2. So 5 mins sound about right.

Soldato
So, fallout 5, now featuring photorealistic 3d graphics and "5d" functionality, smell the fire and feel the radiation actually burning your skin!

Also 1.3 miles? So at 300mph (relatively slow for this kind of aircraft) we're talking max travel time of about 15.6 seconds if my lemsip raddled brain workings are even vaguely accurate

Also it's clear in the picture of the plane falling its wings were forward so was obviously not trying to outrun the Turkish jets.

Turkey have dropped the ball with this I feel, but until the audio of the warnings and proof of visual warning have been put up by turkey then I suppose it's too early to judge. Killing 2 men for the sake of 2km and no real threat is completely unjustified in my opinion, and I expect the rest of the NATO countries to come to the same conclusion.

Soldato
Can't see this ending as more than a war of words tbh. Turkey knows they'd get a spanking on their own, Russia doesn't want to be drawn in to WW3.

Lots of stern words will be had, Russia will make threats to appease the population and Turkey gets to say that they've defended their borders.

If it happens again... then I'm going to start stockpiling canned food and twinkies :D

Man of Honour
BREAKING: Russian President Vladimir Putin says the jet was on Syrian territory when it was downed, 4km from the Turkish border.

BREAKING: Putin says the downing of the jet will have "serious consequences" for Russia-Turkey relations.

BREAKING: Erdoğan says oh no it wasn't, sticks out tongue and says there will be more of that if you try it again!?*!.

Soldato
So, I am calling BS on the "warned them 10 times" statement from Turkey. Ok, the jet flew through their airspace, and yes, they have a right to defend it, but there is no way they could have issued an alert 10 times, unless they issue it before they actually enter?

I don't think you can draw the conclusion yet until FACT is distributed regards where the plane actually went. Putin claiming it was 4km outside of Turkish airspace, Turkey claiming it entered, so until fact is proven it is hard.

The plane was likely warned prior to entering at certain thresholds, not all "10 warnings" are claimed would be issued in the seconds it was over Turkish airspace (if it actually was).

Man of Honour
Remember that Russia has been inside Turkish airspace before, and have been given blunt warnings that further incursions would be unacceptable.

If you play with fire, you end up getting burned.

Putin's provocations have lead up to this happening.

Back
Top Bottom