S2000 owners advice

Soldato
Has anyone seen an example like this sell for this kind of price? Mines done 50k miles now and has the better tax bracket but still has the wire throttle… if I cleaned it up rather than daily drove it I wonder if it would sell for a profit over what I paid.
It’s one of 100 and I believe on paper the rarest S2K produced. The CR and type-s may be better and more in demand but the gt100 is the one for many UK buyers. Hence the premium. I’m sure one sold for £38k that was gt100 and had a few thousand miles on it.

Regular S2K will not fetch that. 50k mile cars are 15-18k if you actually want to sell it.

Mine of course is ruined but has only got 42k.

Don
Yeah that's old man collector territory.

I'm just after £15-17k at a push, 04-06. Just not a good one for me online right now.
I was VERY lucky to get the one I did at the price I paid. Unfortunately, with better weather coming the prices will be going up just like it always does with convertables at this time of year.

Soldato
I was VERY lucky to get the one I did at the price I paid. Unfortunately, with better weather coming the prices will be going up just like it always does with convertables at this time of year.
Indeed, I'm hopeful to get one soon rather than later with that in mind. (But in turn may also benefit me if I decide to sell the MX5)

Don
I just droped the S2000 off at TGM Motorsport for a going over and to have the silencer bypass mod done. I ummed and ahhed about getting an aftermarket pipe but in the end decided to have the same mod done that I had before on my last S2000. I was one of the first people in the world to have this mod done back in 2012 and it's now a very popular thing to do to an S2000 to have more sound without droning and while retaining the stock lock.

My original thread on it here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...as dreamed up by,to bypass the rear silencers.

Soldato
OP
I just droped the S2000 off at TGM Motorsport for a going over and to have the silencer bypass mod done. I ummed and ahhed about getting an aftermarket pipe but in the end decided to have the same mod done that I had before on my last S2000. I was one of the first people in the world to have this mod done back in 2012 and it's now a very popular thing to do to an S2000 to have more sound without droning and while retaining the stock lock.

My original thread on it here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/s2000-exhaust-modification.18412541/#:~:text=This was dreamed up by,to bypass the rear silencers.

Is that now known as the “UK exhaust mod”?

I’m very tempted myself.

Don
Is that now known as the “UK exhaust mod”?

I’m very tempted myself.
It is indeed.
Just drove it home with a massive grin. The burble of the pipe now is perfect before being utterly drowned out by the intake howl above 6000rpm.

TGM gave it a clean bill of health. Said it was in lovely condition underneath with very little corrosion at all. Probably garaged all its life and only driven in the dry. Happy with that.

Soldato
Where do we stand on Full red interior?

This one's for sale and almost spot on except for this marmite detail.

IMG-12475-1024x768.jpg

IMG-12483-1024x768.jpg

I just don't know. I think it's maybe a bit much? But kind of works

Soldato
I've just had a quick look and you can get an entire black dash on eBay for circa £100...

But it isn't just the dash, it's all the plastics in the centre, behind the head etc. it's a lot but I dunno, it's not the worst. I think a mix of black/red would be preferred. It's 1 owner, 65k miles, and has the Hardtop/stand.

Soldato
I've just had a quick look and you can get an entire black dash on eBay for circa £100...

But it isn't just the dash, it's all the plastics in the centre, behind the head etc. it's a lot but I dunno, it's not the worst. I think a mix of black/red would be preferred. It's 1 owner, 65k miles, and has the Hardtop/stand.
once vtec kicks in, you'll forget the colour of the dash.

Soldato
The prices are definitely beginning to creep up now too as the weather's warming up. I feel it's now or never for this year.

The mileage is by no way high considering the age, but it COULD be lower

£15,950 for that one.

I'm right in thinking 2004 is the good era right? And falls under the lower tax etc

Last edited:
Associate
yes its one of the more sort after years with the facelift features and pre tax hike, although its still £400 a year to tax anyway.

i just sold a hardtop and stand for £2200 so that gives you indication of the additional worth you have with the car.

Last edited:
Associate
one thing i would check when viewing and testing is the condition of the clutch, mine had done 84k but on the original clutch that was still working fine but had an on / off feel, a bit of the common clutch buzz and a high bite point.

i just had a new clutch installed and its night and day to drive, well worth the cost if the the cars still on the original hardware.

Soldato
one thing i would check when viewing and testing is the condition of the clutch, mine had done 84k but on the original clutch that was still working fine but had an on / off feel, a bit of the common clutch buzz and a high bite point.

i just had a new clutch installed and its night and day to drive, well worth the cost if the the cars still on the original hardware.
Appreciate the tip, thanks :)

Soldato
The prices are definitely beginning to creep up now too as the weather's warming up. I feel it's now or never for this year.

The mileage is by no way high considering the age, but it COULD be lower

£15,950 for that one.

I'm right in thinking 2004 is the good era right? And falls under the lower tax etc
04-06 pre tax, electric throttle etc imo is the sweet spot

Associate
Where do we stand on Full red interior?

This one's for sale and almost spot on except for this marmite detail.

IMG-12475-1024x768.jpg

IMG-12483-1024x768.jpg

I just don't know. I think it's maybe a bit much? But kind of works
I love red seats and it works really well with the silver/grey, but I'd prefer to have them contrasting with a black dash and door cards.

Associate

I changed a dashboard in one of my previous cars and it was never the same. I found it constantly creaked when going over bumps and hard cornering. It drove me nuts.

I'm not saying I did it perfectly or it could have been better, but it's definitely worth considering there could be unintended consequences!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom