S2000 owners advice

Permabanned
Last edited:
Soldato
Going to give it a few weeks then check the for sales again. My one isn't out there yet.

I did enquire about that lovely white one but I think for me £20k, with 5 (then 6) owners and the higher tax bracket make it less appealing.

How often do good Yellow ones pop up?

The dream is Yellow, or off white.

Followed by red or silver

Soldato
I don't understand why 5 or 6 owners be an issue?
I mean, it's not. But for 30k-ish miles it just seemed a bit high turn over of users to me? I'm assuming people buy these with the higher tax rate and sell them on once that gets a bit much maybe?

I did ask some more questions with the intention of viewing but haven't heard back since. It was potentially sold at the point that I made initial contact anyways :)

Soldato
I mean, it's not. But for 30k-ish miles it just seemed a bit high turn over of users to me? I'm assuming people buy these with the higher tax rate and sell them on once that gets a bit much maybe?

People buy them as weekend / summer cars, don't do loads of miles, then move on after a few years

Man of Honour
Even if it is a high turnover of owners for the mileage, what difference does it make? A high number of owners != a bad car. You could have a 1 owner car that's had its head kicked in from cold and never cooled down, or a 10 owner car that's been appreciated & loved by all owners who just fancied a roadster and then sold up when the winter came.

Last edited:
Soldato
Even if it is a high turnover of owners for the mileage, what difference does it make? A high number of owners != a bad car. You could have a 1 owner car that's had its head kicked in from cold and never cooled down, or a 10 owner car that's been appreciated & loved by all owners who just fancied a roaster and then sold up when the winter came.
I didn't say that :)

And I agree with the points made, just stood out as odd (to me) is all vs the almost top tier asking price.

Man of Honour
It's at least 16 years old, that's an average of over 3 years per owner.

It's priced high because it's a GT model with low mileage, and it looks in amazing condition.

The tax is a kick in the balls I admit, but it is what it is.

Soldato
It's at least 16 years old, that's an average of over 3 years per owner.

It's priced high because it's a GT model with low mileage, and it looks in amazing condition.

The tax is a kick in the balls I admit, but it is what it is.
Yeah it's definitely one of the better examples up at the moment.

Don
I wouldn't be afraid of that number of owners. It's not like it's a Ford Focus where each owner treated it worse than the last then moved it on when something broke.

Caporegime
Yeah I agree with everybody else. For a car which is a "fun weekend car" having 5/6 owners in 14 years sounds about right. I mean look at Gibbo? He very rarely gets 3 years ownership out of one of his cars.

Back
Top Bottom