S2000 owners advice

Permabanned
made a purchase today!
2002 Silverstone Silver with 84k on the clock
bodyworks in great condition for age, no arch rot etc., looks good underneath as been garaged most of its life.
came with a hardtop on moonrock grey, not sure what do with that yet, maybe wrap it carbon/black or leave/sell it.
unsure on the front grills at the moment, previous owner added them to protect a new AC condenser that was changed.
Nice, but please don't farbon (fake carbon) wrap anything! It's chavy and tacky and fools no-one.
Get the hardtop colour matched, spray the mesh in the bumper black.

Associate
If its a genuine GT which came with the hardtop when new, I would keep it with the car. You see quite a few S2000 GT where at some point the hardtop has been sold off and it devalues the car.
yeah its not a GT car, the hardtop was purchased separate along with the fitting kit, hence why its a different color. I don't really have a need for it as the car will be garaged over winter months and only used on nice days in the summer.

Permabanned
Rule 1 - Roof always down.
Rule one only buy coupes ;):cry:

Na jokes aside, an S2K is probably THE only vert, that I'll give a pass to if tastefully modified, as they're very agressive little twitchy cars if driven hard on the limit, so still have a fair bit of the 'I will kill you if you don't respect me' factor, and I've a sweet spot for Honda, and worked for them

Plus the J's Racing touge S2K monster was undefeated for a long time, I really like what Spoon did along with Amuse.

I just wish they'd offered a coupe option, as that would make it an awesome tiny rwd coupe that'd be stiffer and just perfection, but I'd rather have it come with a K24A (but that's another story for another time)

Permabanned
You anti F20c heretic! :D
Yeah, they often crack a Ringland, and despite the power figures, not much happens till it does, then it dies off before the 8900rpm redline:(

My mates mate built a 'Super 2000' which is a K24/20 head frankenstein, with some spicy parts, circa 330bhp N/A, once you've seen that thing, you think why didnt they make it that way in the first place.

Other mates have built both Rotrex supercharged (which is a build boost turbo style supercharger so isnt instant power) and turbo builds, and neither boost well and lower rpm like a K, and go bang a lot easier :(

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's OK, we're not living in the 80s anymore, you don't have to show off how manly you are in front of everyone.

Imagine having such a fragile masculinity you're afraid to drive a car where the roof comes off.
Imagine not being able to spot a textbook car joke, nor take it without being 'offended' and instead turning it into a pathetic attention seeking woke me2 statement, now THAT is a fragile mentality!

You must be a joy at parties/standup comedy clubs!

And FYI, I don't like vert's for the simple reason, they're usually very loose/floppy chassis' compared to the native coupes, which are also lighter, stiffer, and handle way better.
The idea of taking a coupe in general and cutting it's roof off on a performance car, is pure wrong and blasphemy!
Regardless of all the added underside bracing, they're never as good.

The same applies with people buying rubbish torque converter autos back in the day when a manual option was offered, ruins everything about the car and it's slower, with awful kick downs.

An S2K however gets a pass, as there was never a coupe version, and the chassis' does handle awesome, but as anyone would agree, a coupe would still handle better/be faster/lighter.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's a roadster, not a convertible.
Wrong, the term was coined in America, it refers to a 2 seater without a retracting/folding convertible top roof, which the term spider/spyder also refers to...

Like a Shelby Cobra...

iu

In modern times even the Morgan 4 seater convertible can be classed as a roadster/convertible, so the term hasn't meant the same thing since 1950's-60's.

The fact that convertible literally means convertible roof, from a roof to no roof, should be the give away why an S2K qualifies as one, as does anything with a roof like that regardless of the seats ;)

Nice try though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Imagine not being able to spot a textbook car joke, nor take it without being 'offended' and instead turning it into a pathetic attention seeking woke me2 statement, now THAT is a fragile mentality!

Talk about an overreaction to being called fragile :cry:

The lady very manly man doth protest too much, methinks :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom