Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
I just got this monitor last week, to replace a faulty AW3423DWF, as they're the same panel (well, bit longer :D) - It's very nice but with odd quirks like why only 1 DP port? And a micro-HDMI.. very odd. And somewhat aggressive ABL...

I have the G93C variant, and I was looking to get the calibration profile - assuming it will work on this version? I presume it will as it's the same panel? I'd PM, but I don't see the option on here - I assume that's a user level thing? If it could be sent to kaltern at gmail .com (that's where all my lovely spam goes :D ) I'd appreciate it :)

Associate
OP
I just got this monitor last week, to replace a faulty AW3423DWF, as they're the same panel (well, bit longer :D) - It's very nice but with odd quirks like why only 1 DP port? And a micro-HDMI.. very odd. And somewhat aggressive ABL...

I have the G93C variant, and I was looking to get the calibration profile - assuming it will work on this version? I presume it will as it's the same panel? I'd PM, but I don't see the option on here - I assume that's a user level thing? If it could be sent to kaltern at gmail .com (that's where all my lovely spam goes :D ) I'd appreciate it :)
I think it needs a different profile, but I'll send it over anyway.

Associate
OP
For anyone who needs continued support with the G9, I can still send the ICC profile via e-mail to anyone that needs it, but I've now sold the monitor :) so can't really help with any niggles except what I posted on the 1st post.

I'll be waiting for an 8K OLED variant to be released in the future either by Samsung or a competitor, I was very happy with the monitor but with the release of 4K 240hz panels I'll wait for a DP 2.1 model to drop and will be switching to that as soon as possible. For now back to a basic 144hz 1080p VA Panel :cry: a serious downgrade from OLED.

Associate
For anyone who needs continued support with the G9, I can still send the ICC profile via e-mail to anyone that needs it, but I've now sold the monitor :) so can't really help with any niggles except what I posted on the 1st post.

I'll be waiting for an 8K OLED variant to be released in the future either by Samsung or a competitor, I was very happy with the monitor but with the release of 4K 240hz panels I'll wait for a DP 2.1 model to drop and will be switching to that as soon as possible. For now back to a basic 144hz 1080p VA Panel :cry: a serious downgrade from OLED.
Could you send the profile over to [email protected] if you dont mind? Highly appreciated :)

Associate
OP
You do know you're going to get this constantly on and off for the next 5yrs+ don't you @Personality+ ? Everyone who does a Google search for ICC profile for this monitor lol :D :p
:cry:
As long as I use OCUK and I get the alert notification I'll help out, thank God for e-mail forwarding.

I've seen the monitor drop down to less than £900 on ebay if it's not in mint condition, so I expect this monitor to get really popular when refreshes/upgrades happen in this UW size range.

Shame we didn't hear back from anyone using the S93C to confirm whether the ICC profile for the S95C works for them as well.

Soldato
Hi folk, currently using the G8 oled and was wondering what hdmi certified 2.1 cable is recommended and guaranteed compatible with the newer g9 49",Ive got a 4090 so hopefully in the next few weeks I might splash out on the G9

Associate
OP
Hi folk, currently using the G8 oled and was wondering what hdmi certified 2.1 cable is recommended and guaranteed compatible with the newer g9 49",Ive got a 4090 so hopefully in the next few weeks I might splash out on the G9

Any as long as they are indeed certified, make sure you get one long enough to reach from the left hand side of the G9 to wherever your desktop is placed :)

Associate
OP
Hi all I know this is a Samsung thread but in relation to Gen2 panels is the Philips 49m2c8900 a gen2 panel??

Philips have announced today their new 49M2C8900 display, a massive 49″ super ultrawide screen with a 5120x 1440 resolution and a 240Hz Refresh rate. It's a competing model to Samsung's Odyssey OLED G95SC which we reviewed recently, based on the same Samsung QD-OLED panel from tftcentral,

seen it comes with 3 years burn in warranty as well

Last edited:
Soldato
Philips have announced today their new 49M2C8900 display, a massive 49″ super ultrawide screen with a 5120x 1440 resolution and a 240Hz Refresh rate. It's a competing model to Samsung's Odyssey OLED G95SC which we reviewed recently, based on the same Samsung QD-OLED panel from tftcentral,

seen it comes with 3 years burn in warranty as well
Thanks for that as I could not see what Gen it was, might just get this Philips

Associate
Hi all. Thanks to everybody who has shared their experiences and opinions!
I'm just about to purchase this (potentially). About £1200 with a free UHD monitor to keep the wife happy!

Main concern is that I have a 2080TI which only has HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.4. Will that be too restrictive for this monitor (and I assume that it won't be powerful enough to drive it well)?

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom