Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Soldato
The G93SC can be had for less than £1000 from Samsung at the moment. There's a 20% off code (FLASH20) and you can get a further £200 cashback which would bring it to ~£850. I think there's a further 5% off if buying through their app.

Caporegime
The G93SC can be had for less than £1000 from Samsung at the moment. There's a 20% off code (FLASH20) and you can get a further £200 cashback which would bring it to ~£850. I think there's a further 5% off if buying through their app.
For clarity it's APP5, FLASH20 and the birthday code that takes it down to £881 before any (potential) cashback...

Soldato
£850 would be the final price if getting cashback without birthday code as not everyone has the latter. I've claimed cashback before with Samsung and you do get it, it just takes a while. But yes, potentially cheaper if you have access to the Birthday code (15%) on top.

Associate
Anyone having issues with random black screens that last a second or so. Been getting them since the latest firmware update. Not sure if the firmware is the cause or not. Oh and I've tried swapping out hdmi cable for a new 2.1 one.

Last edited:
Associate
Is this what you’re referring to? Happens for .5 of a second on 536.40. On 536.67 it’ll happen and I’ll get blank screen for a second or two. Pretty frustrating and I think it may be related to NVIDIA driver as only seems to happen on loading screens for games or when coming back into the game from gamebar.

Edit: using DP 1.4, 240hz, g sync enabled. Doesn’t happen with fixed refresh.
Did you ever find the cause of this. I never had it at the time you did with those drivers. But I'm starting to get it now within the last month or so and with random black screens for a second or so. Mines connected to a 3090 also.

Associate
OP
Got my monitor exactly 6 months ago, I'm very happy with it. Looks like the firmware updates, fixed issues I was having with VRR (and make sure you're using certified cables at all times)

but seems Samsungs QC for this monitor has been poor overall based on general sentiment I've seen on here/reddit/discord.

I'll be keeping mine until a 240hz 4K / 480hz 1080p monitor drops, mainly due to the fact I'm gaming a lot at the 16:9 aspect ratio and at 1080p especially for Warzone in MW3 :) to get the guaranteed 240hz experience

on the counter to that there's a ton of racing games that are super immersive with this and the likes of CP2077+EAFC etc and won't feel the same if I make the switch. So maybe I'll end up having to own both so I'm covered for all scenarios.

I've not noticed any sign of burn in (if anyone has any tests I could try to spot, please let me know) I've used the monitor pretty much every day for 6-8 hours a day when you average it out over the 6 month time span of ownership.

Last edited:
Associate
That and toggling between RGB and 444 clears it up as well. I'm guessing RGB at 12bps is our best bet for gaming on this monitor?

I did a few other big changes like finally upgrading to Win11 and changing cables from DP to HDMI 2.1

After calibrating and loading icc, I can safely say I'm satisfied with the results. There is indeed a very noticeable increase in clarity and color accuracy.

I wish blacks, in HDR content, could go completely black. But I guess that's the way it is on all OLED monitors. Only way i see true black is when HDR is turned off (Resident Evil 4).

Guess I'll be keeping this monitor after all. Thanks OP
Hi,

I recently purchased this monitor too and am having issues getting the colors and brightness where I want them. Would you please mind sharing your ICC profile? Thank you!

[email protected]

Soldato
Does anyone use their monitor in Multi-View mode? I use my laptop with two outputs in Multi-View mode to replicate dual screens (need this for work software), but I find it clunky. The worse part is that I keep having to toggle constantly between multi-view and the Samsung home screen until the quality of the display improves. When it's set up, it's fine and text quality is great but it's always poor initially.

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix for it?

Associate
OP
Does anyone use their monitor in Multi-View mode? I use my laptop with two outputs in Multi-View mode to replicate dual screens (need this for work software), but I find it clunky. The worse part is that I keep having to toggle constantly between multi-view and the Samsung home screen until the quality of the display improves. When it's set up, it's fine and text quality is great but it's always poor initially.

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix for it?

Are you on the latest firmware? also are you connecting with hdmi 1 and mini hdmi or hdmi and display port, are all your cables certified cables? also something I wasn't aware of is that apparently the cables they give you are so short as that's the ideal length to avoid signal degradation, but I ended up getting longer ones anyway to fit my set up situation, just something to bring up in case your cables are really long or not certified.

Soldato
Are you on the latest firmware? also are you connecting with hdmi 1 and mini hdmi or hdmi and display port, are all your cables certified cables? also something I wasn't aware of is that apparently the cables they give you are so short as that's the ideal length to avoid signal degradation, but I ended up getting longer ones anyway to fit my set up situation, just something to bring up in case your cables are really long or not certified.

How I've managed to get it to work properly with the correct resolution is using the supplied HDMI to mini-HDMI cable for the first connection from my Laptop to the monitor. The second one is Laptop > Dock via USB-C and then DisplayPort to the monitor. initially when I was playing around, I couldn't connect both cables to my dock and then dock to laptop, multi-view wouldn't work properly. At the same time, the laptop does not have enough ports so I can't have two connections straight from the laptop to the screen. So currently, it's mini-HDMI from laptop straight to monitor and then Display from laptop to dock to monitor.

The last HDMI port is connected to my PC.

I need to check the firmware version. It's just weird that I sometimes have to set up the multi-view a few times before it works properly without any picture degradation. And more annoyingly, I've saved the multi-view set up but sometimes it switches the displays around...

Associate
OP
How I've managed to get it to work properly with the correct resolution is using the supplied HDMI to mini-HDMI cable for the first connection from my Laptop to the monitor. The second one is Laptop > Dock via USB-C and then DisplayPort to the monitor. initially when I was playing around, I couldn't connect both cables to my dock and then dock to laptop, multi-view wouldn't work properly. At the same time, the laptop does not have enough ports so I can't have two connections straight from the laptop to the screen. So currently, it's mini-HDMI from laptop straight to monitor and then Display from laptop to dock to monitor.

The last HDMI port is connected to my PC.

I need to check the firmware version. It's just weird that I sometimes have to set up the multi-view a few times before it works properly without any picture degradation. And more annoyingly, I've saved the multi-view set up but sometimes it switches the displays around...

Ah sounds like standard software issues with the G9 then to be honest. I've had similar issues with profile states or settings changing, or not being accessible depending on how I'm connected to the monitor (even now I can't change my picture settings)

I'm running a multi monitor set up with the G9 and sometimes run into signal issues as well here and there (mostly since latest firmware update in my case) if they'd sort out a lot of the minor issues (that become big ones) this monitor would be much more user friendly.

Probably something worth asking on reddit as well, or searching on google for see if anyone has found a solution to your problem. I stopped attempting to run a similar set up once I knew it was limited to 120hz.

Back
Top Bottom