Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
Hey guys, need a new Monitor what GPU is recommended for this super wide beast ?

Thinking about ordering one obviously going to need a new GPU that means a new motherboard bundle the rig in my signature is long in tooth to say the least, would I even get a picture from the GTX 970 till I have sorted that out need to do basic word / email stuff in the meantime and have the standards changed in the last 12 years its saying mini hdmi 2.1 in the specs don't think my card has that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys, need a new Monitor what GPU is recommended for this super wide beast ?

Thinking about ordering one obviously going to need a new GPU that means a new motherboard bundle the rig in my signature is long in tooth to say the least, would I even get a picture from the GTX 970 till I have sorted that out need to do basic word / email stuff in the meantime and have the standards changed in the last 12 years its saying mini hdmi 2.1 in the specs don't think my card has that.

Thanks.
The same as for any 4k monitor - 49 UW is the same number of pixels as 4k - so 4090 :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP

Thanks.
Honestly depends what games you want to play and if you want to play them at max resolution and at 32:9

I reckon a 4080 super would be enough for most games if you want to save money there,

but if you want to play your CP2077, Alan Wake 2 etc with max detail then yeah 4090 is the only choice especially to utilise the monitor at 120-240hz consistently across as many games as possible.

Soldato
Also I scratched the screen the other day with the zip off my top whilst moving the monitor. Just a light scratch and can only see when sunlight shines direct, but not in darker lights. A was a bit gutted but I'm not planning on selling so I'll live with it.

Associate
For anyone wanting to use DLDSR with this monitor, you've got to switch to 16:9 for the option to appear in the control panel :) (Using a 4090) so maybe different story for others? then enjoy it at 2560x1440,

Make sure you've already got your settings and calibrations set up for 32:9 and 16:9 then the switching is flawless maintaining all your settings :)

Just wanted to try it out in certain games and see if I felt any performance boost. As the option isn't there when running at 5120x1440
Hi bro,

Did you do anything more for DLDSR. I have G93 version, I have set 16/9 on the screen size menu in monitor, but I can't see DLDSR option.

Associate
OP
Hi bro,

Did you do anything more for DLDSR. I have G93 version, I have set 16/9 on the screen size menu in monitor, but I can't see DLDSR option.
It would pop up automatically for me in Nvidia control panel options, I'm using HDMI 2.1 Certified cables.. but not sure if that makes any difference, as I don't own your monitor I can't say for sure what the reason could be.

Updated firmware on your monitor? and drivers etc for the gpu?

also maybe the GPU you have changes the options available.

Associate
It would pop up automatically for me in Nvidia control panel options, I'm using HDMI 2.1 Certified cables.. but not sure if that makes any difference, as I don't own your monitor I can't say for sure what the reason could be.

Updated firmware on your monitor? and drivers etc for the gpu?

also maybe the GPU you have changes the options available.
Thank you for reply. I would like to ensure that we have same settings. I am also use HDMI 2.1 Certified cables, and RTX 4090 GPU. DSR is very important feature for me so I will be very grateful if I can activate it

Associate
Try changing the resolution to 1920x1080 instead of 2560x1440 perhaps?
Unfortunately, When I select 16/9 on monitor and set resolution 1920x1080 on the desktop, I get signal resolotuion as 1920x1080 but somehow it use still DSC. In order to use DSC, I have to disable DSC. What firmware are you using.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately, When I select 16/9 on monitor and set resolution 1920x1080 on the desktop, I get signal resolotuion as 1920x1080 but somehow it use still DSC. In order to use DSC, I have to disable DSC. What firmware are you using.
I'll have to check when I'm home, I'll probably forget, but I've let my monitor auto update firmware since I've had it.

Back
Top Bottom