Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 (G95NC) 57" Uber-Wide

Man of Honour
You won’t be able to run the screen at its full potential without a DP 2.1 capable graphics card, and only AMD have a few of those at the moment. The NVIDIA 4090 doesn’t have it :(

Associate
i would really get one if you could properly use PIP modes and it had more capability, but in the end these super ultra wides cant be used to act as if they're 2 monitors. just having a super long screen is a bit pointless.

also need DP 2.0 to become more mainstream

Caporegime
i would really get one if you could properly use PIP modes and it had more capability, but in the end these super ultra wides cant be used to act as if they're 2 monitors. just having a super long screen is a bit pointless.

also need DP 2.0 to become more mainstream
Seems like as usual Samsung really missed a trick there, they *always* seem to fall short on something!

G9 OLED was fantastic but ultimately a little big for my needs, so I just got a 34in DWF and pulled it a little closer and bingo! Perfect :)

Last edited:
Associate
Seems like as usual Samsung really missed a trick there, they *always* seem to fall short on something!

G9 OLED was fantastic but ultimately a little big for my needs, so I just got a 34in DWF and pulled it a little closer and bingo! Perfect :)

yeah there's always just 1-2 things missing from making it an ideal monitor. I was really interested in getting a super ultrawide by the fact the split screen use cant be used as if its actually 2 separate monitors is silly. If i wanted to watch youtube in full screen on just half the screen, thats not possible unless you do workarounds with 3rd party apps.

the hardware is excellent, but the software needs a lot of improvements imo

Associate
Are these actually available to buy anywhere in the UK as almost no one (inc Amazon) even lists them? I only see them here on OC and Samsungs site but both have been 'unavailable' for a while now.
A search shows no other retailer even mentioning these and nothing on ebay too?

Last edited:
Associate
It was fun whilst it lasted, but after 5 weeks, my G9 57" has died. Power is getting to it as you can hear one of the relays clicking, but there no display or OSD.

This appears to be a worryingly common issue on Reddit.

Shame as I absolutely love this panel. I'd hold off buying one (if you can find one) until this issue has been resolved. Disgusting considering the money spent!

Associate
Guess you can't ask for a refund? I would wait a good few months before they are back on sale so they can sort out the problems.....if they do!

Associate
Guess you can't ask for a refund? I would wait a good few months before they are back on sale so they can sort out the problems.....if they do!
I've requested an 'in home repair' but still waiting to see if they accept this. None of the home repairs that have happened in the States appear successful. Sounds like a fault between the power supply and logic board.

I normally run the monitor on a low brightness (4-8) but I did enable 'power saving' mode this morning as it was really bright in my office and this mode automatically adjusts the brightness - wondering if this contributed to burn out.

Associate
Will this Samsung 57" Odyssey Neo G95NC monitor support an Xbox Series X in 120Hz and PC in 120Hz side by side? And in 4k resolution?
Both side by side and 120Hz and 4K?

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Just got the 57 g9. Pretty good monitor - very bright, does creak a little when first switch on!!! quick question for fellow owners-, When you put a grey background on screen, do you see a darker rectangle perfectly in the middle of the screen. Will be highlighted if play below video and is most noticeable at around 1 minute mark. Likely something to do with the mini led matrix>? Disappears when screen becomes lighter and also less noticable with cool color as oppose to the warm setting. Just checking if this is a 'feature' before i think about returning.

Associate
Just got the 57 g9. Pretty good monitor - very bright, does creak a little when first switch on!!! quick question for fellow owners-, When you put a grey background on screen, do you see a darker rectangle perfectly in the middle of the screen. Will be highlighted if play below video and is most noticeable at around 1 minute mark. Likely something to do with the mini led matrix>? Disappears when screen becomes lighter and also less noticable with cool color as oppose to the warm setting. Just checking if this is a 'feature' before i think about returning.

Anyone ?

Associate
I don't see any darker rectangle in the centre of the screen. I do however see horizontal banding lines on the bottom 40% in some parts of that video.
Thanks for checking

It’s mainly visible ( the rectangle in the middle of the screen )around the one minute mark on the video . I thinks it seems to be an issue with many FALD monitors from Samsung as far as I have now researched

Back
Top Bottom