Saving Sessions / Demand reduction thread

Soldato
Also just opted in, been driving all day and just got home and saw the notification, luckily I also forget to reinstate my 1600 to 1630 discharge, but I would have had plenty left anyway.

@john_smith My G99 is 11.64 kWh, but the Victron can only manage 8kW, but the batteries could do more, although some things get a little warm as it is. If the sun is shining I could export more as the SE inverter would be generating hence 8+3.64=11.64kW theorectical maximum export.

Associate
Is there any point doing these sessions if you don't have a battery or have solar?
Depends on what tariff you are on, if you are on a flat tariff you could do your laundry and whatnot between 4-7 to inflate your baseline then just not do it on saving session days but the return you get back probably won't be worth it and no telling when they will happen and it goes off a 10 day history (excluding saving sessions themselves). This thing is more for those that use a lot during the day.

Soldato
Probably not unless you are naturally a heavy user in that hour. There is no disadvantage to popping in but if you only normally use 1kwh, your base load is probably 0.3-0.4kWh. So short of turning your house off at the main switch, you making at most £1. Where as in that short 30 min slot on Saturday, I made about £4, an hour slot will be more like £8 after factoring in recharging the battery.

I made more off exporting my battery for 30 mins on Saturday than I had done in all the other saving sessions where I didn’t have a batter which took place in November, December and January.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom