Saving Sessions / Demand reduction thread

Associate
I'm on rookie numbers at the moment, I need to pump those numbers up! (£25 total across all savings sessions so far).

I was late to the party. I've done every session with Octopus* and have had no rewards. Months and months or dirty ovens I could have been paid to clean. ha.

*Has the system always rewarded people who reduce their -4 to -1 load or is it a new thing introudced once thre NG got involved?

Soldato
I was late to the party. I've done every session with Octopus* and have had no rewards. Months and months or dirty ovens I could have been paid to clean. ha.

*Has the system always rewarded people who reduce their -4 to -1 load or is it a new thing introudced once thre NG got involved?

NG have been involved from day 1 so this would have applied across them all only if people could work out how it was formulated.

Soldato
Damn, oh well. I'm not greedy. Just happy to do my bit for the greater good and appreciate any rewards the system offers me for being a good citizen.

I'm hoping for £100 back across all sessions in the end so I have some work to do...

I will just shift load though, not planning to go too crazy, and I can't really anyway, only limited stuff I can do.

P.S. my Oven probably does need a cleaning cycle!

Last edited:
Soldato
My range went through a cleaning cycle a couple of weeks back

By god did she complain about it for hours ;)

From what I can tell nicehash does exist still, I might actually do it come the the next session, my GPU heating is perfect in my office.

I have to close the kitchen door and open the windows, that really stinks when you run it! :cry:

Soldato
This had nothing to do with you really, I was just joshing with @john_smith with regards to how much abuse he puts onto the system, I'd do this with or without your opinion on the subject matter as a bit of fun. I said the same kind of thing to MKW the other day in our Discord conversation which you won't even see!

Please don't see this as a dig at you when it's not. I have no desire to drag that debate back up again as I'm sure you don't either!

I also don't mean for this to be taken at all seriously, it's just light-hearted not judging anyone.
and this wasnt aimed at you...but when i see post being put up saying "oi all, please dont feed him anymore" and " keeping my morality in check" it gets a bit annoying. I have had my say and let it lie, just wish others would the same.

Anyway, its sunny out and theres no saving session on the horizon, YET

Soldato
I think we'll get one, if they're having to warm up coal fired stations it seems likely.

Notice is never more than 24 hours, may suggest more of an early evening thing?

MKW was predicting this.

Last edited:
Associate
There are some good observations in that Twitter feed. It looks much more like demand was just deleted rather than shifted, for starters.
Yeah. No bounce after the session ends and also not a big bump in the -4 to -1.

There's one comment saying something like engage the population in the issue and reward them for helping (or something like that) and you solve the issues.

Back
Top Bottom