Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Ronnie has had a ear problem for a month or so and nothing has helped it get better so now we have the option of going to another one of our vets branches who have a miniture camera - They put him under -flush the ear out and then put camera down to see what is going on.
It looks like the only option we have .

Had email with a estimate at a cool £1099.00.
Good job we have a emergence fund. Stopped insurance when they wouldn't pay out on our last cat Holly who had same symptoms which turned out to be a tumour.
We won't let Ronnie suffer the pain Holly had.
Hoping it's nothing serious, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Soldato
All of our insurance stuff with May has come through thankfully - awaiting two more cheques but just shy of £2k. Sheesh.

She is utterly obsessed with this new feather toy after the first one we got with a star got absolutely destroyed. If she gets it in her mouth she then tries to bury it in her litter tray

AYl6g3v.jpeg

Soldato
My daughter desperately wants a cat, but having just refurbished a house we really dont want it all getting scratched up. Do scratch posts work?
The Flufster is generally pretty good and uses her cat tower scratch post most of the time, however, she does occasionally use other items of furniture and the carpet, fortunately though not to a massive extent. I think you can train them to a certain degree, but you'll likely never stop them completely.

wwOGtkX.png

Man of Honour
^She is beautiful.

Woken up again by Ozzy this morning albeit in a different way. From what I can figure out he was playing with his sister Cleo and chasing each other around when he jumped up on the bed landing on my stomach and launching off me onto the wife and back down the other side to continue chasing. A 6.5kg cat landing on the stomach is not fun, oooooofffffffff. The wife instantly went back to sleep but with them chasing each other around I got up and got dressed. Almost as soon as I got up they jumped on my side of the bed, curled up together and went to sleep. What a cheek!! Cat's are crafty creatures but I wouldn't change a thing, I love them all to bits.

With regards to cats scratching things, we have been fairly lucky and Jade, Garfield (bless them), Abby and Cleo haven't touched the furniture, walls and skirting boards although Abby and Cleo do like to scatch at the carpet (only in corners) every now and then. The one exception is you guessed it, Ozzy. He is a heathen. When he was a kitten apart from jumping and digging his claws into my legs (I have the scars to prove it) we discovered that he ate the corner off the curtain in the spare room and i.m not talking just a couple of cm's more like at least 10 inches!! He destroyed every toy we bought them. Even Kong Kickers would barely last a day because he would sit there and chew them to bits. Catnip filled toy's, big mistake!! They were lucky to last 30 minutes. In the end we bought him a dog toy with thick rope, one of those pulling toys you could hold onto one end while the dog pulls the other. That lasted a couple of days but in the end all that remained was the rubber ball in the middle. Heathen he is.

My poor next door neighbour though. She told me she was having problems with her kittens wrecking the place. I thought she was exaggerating but one morning I went around to see them and they were climbing the walls, literally digging their claws into the wallpaper and climbing up. I thought they would jump back down but no they climbed down as well. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. They completely shredded her wallpaper along one wall and even the wall needed copious amounts of filler. They are little darling though and have calmed down now.

Soldato
And I thought our boy Bluey was a bit of a nightmare :p He keeps jumping on the kitchen counters no matter how many times I tell him off. He claws at the carpet on the stairs and claws behind the sofas too. Left his signature claw marks all over the leather dining chairs as well.

Soldato
And I thought our boy Bluey was a bit of a nightmare :p He keeps jumping on the kitchen counters no matter how many times I tell him off. He claws at the carpet on the stairs and claws behind the sofas too. Left his signature claw marks all over the leather dining chairs as well.

Never be under the illusion you are training them. They are training you....
The bright side is that when fully trained you get a "Crazy Cat Person" mug from Amazon.

Man of Honour
Never be under the illusion you are training them. They are training you....
The bright side is that when fully trained you get a "Crazy Cat Person" mug from Amazon.

Never has a truer thing been said!! Two doors up from me they have three cats (was four but they recently lost one :() two of which are over 24 years old and the third is 22 years old. They all sleep on the bed with the couple and the cats love to stretch out with one of them sleeping on top of the pillow on the husbands head. His wife told me the other day that when the cats stretch out to save disturbing them he get's out of bed and goes downstairs to sleep on the sofa. Now that's dedication!! His consolation is that usually their ginger tom (Ginge) goes down to cuddle up with him as he has become very attached to the husband. They go for a walk around the block most days with the husband walking along and Ginge following on close behind him. He even looks for "walkies" time. It's so sweet to watch.

Soldato
They all sleep on the bed with the couple and the cats love to stretch out with one of them sleeping on top of the pillow on the husbands head. His wife told me the other day that when the cats stretch out to save disturbing them he get's out of bed and goes downstairs to sleep on the sofa. Now that's dedication!! His consolation is that usually their ginger tom (Ginge) goes down to cuddle up with him as he has become very attached to the husband. They go for a walk around the block most days with the husband walking along and Ginge following on close behind him. He even looks for "walkies" time. It's so sweet to watch.

Yeah, I get that problem. The cats take over the bed at night. I usually wake up with something akin to early-onset-rigor mortis, bent in some weird shape that avoids the cats.
The funniest thing my two do is to follow me out when I take the bins out. I'm set back from the main road so I have to roll them down a little public driveway. The cats follow me like kids at playtime. They will only go so far, though. At some invisible line they sit down, side by side, and wait for my return. It's comical. The neighbours must think I'm nuts. Luckily we are all a bit crazy around here.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not allowed up the stairs
3zvJLI1.jpeg
Our first cat Natasha was a rescue, proper wild cat. Every time we use to go up the stairs she use to attack our legs, I mean proper attack and make you bleed. I still have scars on my legs from her, we had to carry water spray bottle and spray her every time she would attack.
She did grow out of it after a year or so, really mellowed down as she hit her senior years. She died a few years back, miss that little crazy girl.

Man of Honour
How many of you guys buy Thrive for your cats? For those that don't know what it is it's a tube filled with freeze dried chicken. I bought my first ever tube last month just to see if any of my three would like it. Abby didn't but Ozzy the tormentor and his sister Cleo was mad for the stuff. What I wasn't happy about is that it's not exactly cheap @ £3.50-£4 for a 25g tube yet around a third of the contents was unusable dust sao I vowed never to buy it again. While shopping a couple of weeks ago I was looking for alternatives and found that Lidl under their Coshida brand sells 17g pouches of freeze dried chicken for just 99p. I bought a couple to try them with and they absolutely love it plus as a added bonus there was very little dust in it. The chicken is cut into sensible sized cubes and over the dozen or so pouches we have gone through all of them has had very minimal dust in them and all of the chicken has been useable. There is also a freeze dried duck pouch but they aren't that keen on that. For 99p a pouch it's a steal.

WD3uwcw.jpeg

NAs5cRi.jpeg

Soldato
gizmo stole my chair :(

cQ0oCK4.jpg

my wee 5 year old neice is scared to go up the stair if a cats on it now, gizmo has a nice little game of lying at either side of the banister at the top and play whacking any one that puts their hands near lol :p

the banister in question with a nice pic of ted, i miss him :)
2rVwKK8.jpg

bonus kitten pic of gizmo and elsa :)

ril9Z2h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s finally happened. After 5 weeks of persistence Bert has managed to get a cuddle from Oscar. Face right in the belly fur.

Bert-face-in-Oscar-belly.jpg

that is awesome i remember feeling exactic when gizmo and elsa started cuddling up to ted and grooming each other after some hissy fits when they first got introduced :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom