Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
Looking at getting this installed when I move into my new flat on 1st August. Been hampered by a 2meg line (live int he middle of nowhere) for the last 10 years. I work for Sky and they're doing a deal for employees at £10 a month! :eek:

What sort of download speeds are people getting on fibre?

Caporegime
Also work for Sky and have the 40/10 package, syncing at 39998 and 9998 Kbps. I've managed to pull 4.4MB download though uTorrent and about 1.2MB upload. That's via 5GHz using a set of wireless bridges.

Soldato
It might just be that. My time capsule gives me both IPv4 and v6 info, but I only understand so much. I did a 'whats my IP' check and it said I have one for both.
Anyway, I did a test and it appears it could actually just be the time capsule doing it all, as it mentions about it being '6to4'.

So.. Oops, my mistake. :D
Haha. :)

Doing better than me. I get 0/10. :cool: Would need to turn on the IPv6 options.

Soldato
Its the DLM from the cabinet. My line has a SNR of about 16dB and attenuation is about 19.5dB, but it's very stable and even more so with the OR Modem and TC. I'm about 150 meters from the cabinet and the cable length could be up to about 250 meters. The cable's to my house are probably ****, so that doesn't help.

It's better than 120KB/s I had before at least. :)

Associate
I had endless problems with my fiber pro! I was estimated to get around 60mb+ apparently to the engineer myl ine from the cabnit is 180m, and sky have confirmed this. How ever my sync speed on the router was 49mb. And after several speed test there side and mine my line is jumping from 2mb- 35mb. There.are baffled! As it's a brand new line into a brand new house.. so what I have been told is new line being installed. ... wooop!

Soldato
I'm waiting on their response, just like I was the first time. :rolleyes:

The lines have to be ancient around here - installed by those building Hadrians wall.. ;) - but my distance should be giving me a ~76Mb connection according to the OR figures.

Soldato
Quick test on my line this morning:

The pings are noticeably higher than normal, as it's usually around 40ms, highest is usually about 60ms so there must be something wrong. Done with a 2013 MBA and Time Capsule.

Soldato
101478599.png

:(

Back
Top Bottom