Sky Sports to remain home of Formula 1 until 2029 after deal extended in all Sky markets

Caporegime
OP
What’s with Natalie, Naomi and Karun being in some AR studio rather than at the circuit this weekend? They also seem to be keeping quite some distance between them.
The distance is likely so they don't appear on the graphics. They do the same with the Football studios too, it's basically a table and 3 chairs with the studio projected as AR.

Man of Honour
What’s with Natalie, Naomi and Karun being in some AR studio rather than at the circuit this weekend? They also seem to be keeping quite some distance between them.

Its for the next 3 races; the pundits are operating from a studio at Sky in Osterley; I presume its a cost/carbon saving effort; so far its felt a bit odd though

Caporegime
I don`t believe I can discuss ways of watching it in the UK on this forum ?

I bought a legitimate device and subscription to allow watching of geolocked streams. It requires subscription to the service being viewed, ie F1TV or Netflix, it`s not a dodgy stream or anything like that, but I don`t want to get banned for being any more specific. Sorry.
There are ways. And it sucks because nothing has been as good as f1tv

Soldato
Don’t think much of this new format.

I could live with the studio stuff if the picture quality held up. But the on location image quality is poor and the sound isn’t always in synch either.

On track picture quality is still OK, but meh, feels like a step backwards overall.

Soldato
Don’t think much of this new format.

I could live with the studio stuff if the picture quality held up. But the on location image quality is poor and the sound isn’t always in synch either.

On track picture quality is still OK, but meh, feels like a step backwards overall.
That's because Sky film the pre and post ambles but it is FOM who are responsible for showing the practices and races. Plus practice 3 was not in HDR and the sound kept swapping between stereo and 5.1...

Soldato
Its for the next 3 races; the pundits are operating from a studio at Sky in Osterley; I presume its a cost/carbon saving effort; so far its felt a bit odd though
It was just waffle.. the least dynamic presenters and it felt like it added nothing.. but they are pushing hard to broaden their audience and make in to more of a 'show'.. I just FFWD past that..

The real shame is the slow devolving of practice sessions to have almost zero technical focus now, just get in non technical people to talk about everything off track and how 'focussed' a driver is and other waffle.. this GP is the first one I just couldn't watch more than 20 minutes of practice and then had to FFWD and by midway through P2 just gave in.. not a single discussion on upgrades/setup/car behaviour other than the odd 10 second sound bite.

Lets see what happens, I'm at the point I could cancel sky as I just want to now watch the race, the dilution of the technical side of things has got to a point I see no reason to watch the practice, F1 Show, pre race show etc.. I can get all the tabloid spin on everything far quicker on social media!

Back
Top Bottom