Sky Sports to remain home of Formula 1 until 2029 after deal extended in all Sky markets

Associate
In the UK, your only choice is a Sky F1 sub, Now TV or highlights on Ch4. Nothing else should be discussed on here

Honest question, as I'm just curious.

Why's it okay to discuss using a VPN to cheat youtube to get it cheaper with an entire thread dedicated to it in GD, but not okay to discuss how I watch F1?

Don
Honest question, as I'm just curious.

Why's it okay to discuss using a VPN to cheat youtube to get it cheaper with an entire thread dedicated to it in GD, but not okay to discuss how I watch F1?
One is breaking the law, the other is circumventing the operator policies of YouTube. Guess which one could get Ocuk in trouble? Legal means are free to be discussed, illegal are not.

F1TV is no longer an option via VPN as they since blocked it, which is why I didn't mention it in my post.

Don
Is this a new thing in the past couple of months?

**EDIT** Not that I would know or use it of course...
It got blocked towards the end of last season if I recall correctly, and they are continuing to add more known VPN endpoints to their blocklists

Last edited:
Associate
One is breaking the law, the other is circumventing the operator policies of YouTube. Guess which one could get Ocuk in trouble? Legal means are free to be discussed, illegal are not.

F1TV is no longer an option via VPN as they since blocked it, which is why I didn't mention it in my post.

That's it though, they haven't blocked it. I watched all of F1 testing using NordVPN to access F1 TV Pro and all of the races after they announced the 'block' last year.

How is using a vpn to watch F1 TV Pro Illegal?

I fully understand linking to a dodgy stream for the boxing is bad. But I'm using a vpn to pretend to be in another country which we all know is a grey area. For whatever service you're using.

I fully understand using a vpn breaks the policies for each respective service though. But that's fine I guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had an email offer from Now for 12 months Sky Sports @ £19.99 p/m
Tight beggars are only giving me £26 for 6 months and then back to £34.99 thereafter... However me and NowTV do tend to play this game where i cancel something, say yes I'm sure, yes I'm sure etc through their prompts until they say "ok you got us. That 9.99 is now 3.99, are you sure you still want to leave?" :D

I might just do it and then play the cancel game in 6 months. Lol!

Caporegime
That's it though, they haven't blocked it. I watched all of F1 testing using NordVPN to access F1 TV Pro and all of the races after they announced the 'block' last year.

How is using a vpn to watch F1 TV Pro Illegal?

I fully understand linking to a dodgy stream for the boxing is bad. But I'm using a vpn to pretend to be in another country which we all know is a grey area. For whatever service you're using.

I fully understand using a vpn breaks the policies for each respective service though. But that's fine I guess.
Mine got blocked so I cancelled f1 tv

Associate
just subed to now tv for £21 a month for 12 months offer on the website on my account.
not paid the boost of 6 a month, will see if get that on offer at some pioint or just see how it goes with std. but it is still rediculus for a preium service to not be 1080 standard now. they must be rakeing it in overall.

Soldato
Anyone seen this BS before? Trying to watch FP1 on my PC and I'm getting this error from SkyGo:

JxDhpfz.png

Of course I'm on a device that can capture video - it's a ******* PC! There's nothing actually running to capture video though.

Back
Top Bottom