Sky Sports to remain home of Formula 1 until 2029 after deal extended in all Sky markets

Soldato
Do you have Nvidia GeForce Experience installed?
Nope. I install deivers only. I don't even have Fraps or anything like that. The stupid thing is that you don't need any software installed. You can record video in windows 11 using WIN+SHIFT+S.

I'm watching on my phone now instead, but that is even easier to record video on so the entire premise of what they're doing is flawed.

Last edited:
Associate
Nope. I install deivers only. I don't even have Fraps or anything like that. The stupid thing is that you don't need any software installed. You can record video in windows 11 using WIN+SHIFT+S.

I'm watching on my phone now instead, but that is even easier to record video on so the entire premise of what they're doing is flawed.
It's so stupid, there's literally nothing they can do to stop people capturing video as long as capture cards exist, all they're doing is harming legitimate customers.

Associate
There, fixed that for you.
It doesn't do anything to protect their intellectual property. The people that record it for piracy don't typically use software, they use a cheap external capture card along with a device to circumvent HDCP. Some HDMI splitters can actually circumvent HDCP by accident which is what I used to record old footage on a PS3.

Caporegime
OP
It doesn't do anything to protect their intellectual property. The people that record it for piracy don't typically use software, they use a cheap external capture card along with a device to circumvent HDCP. Some HDMI splitters can actually circumvent HDCP by accident which is what I used to record old footage on a PS3.
Sure there's always a way but simple steps like this go some way to making it difficult.

Man of Honour
Sure there's always a way but simple steps like this go some way to making it difficult.
Not really. It does nothing in the grand scheme of things. It seems more of a box ticking exercise to justify someone’s massive bonus. All whilst being blind to the actual issue. And the net result is it frustrates the end user.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not really. It does nothing in the grand scheme of things. It seems more of a box ticking exercise to justify someone’s massive bonus. All whilst being blind to the actual issue. And the net result is it frustrates the end user.

Exactly.
The people who upload and host the streams will not be bothered by this at all.

Reminds me of lovefilm and blu ray ripping software. Good times!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
So they just shouldn’t take any steps at all to protect their IP?

Associate
So they just shouldn’t take any steps at all to protect their IP?
If there's literally nothing you can do to protect it, then no you shouldn't harm legitimate customers just so you can tick a box to say you tried, they're actually just encouraging piracy by doing so. For example I can't get Prime video in 4K on PC because some brain-dead higher ups decided it would make it easier to record, so they lost a legitimate paying customer.

Last edited:
Associate
I`ve started watching after subscribing to F1TV this year after ditching Sky. The Multiviewer app allows you to display loads more data, being able to see the microsectors in Qually for example, or sector times for every driver not just the ones on screen has really improved my viewing experience.

What a relief ! Not having Crofty shouting at me every race.

He was spoiling my enjoyment of the races last year to be honest. They were dull enough, but him screaming at me about the `old switcheroo` when it was simply the team asking the car the was due to stop to let the teammate fresh out of the pits pass was a personal favourite :D

Associate
I don`t believe I can discuss ways of watching it in the UK on this forum ?

I bought a legitimate device and subscription to allow watching of geolocked streams. It requires subscription to the service being viewed, ie F1TV or Netflix, it`s not a dodgy stream or anything like that, but I don`t want to get banned for being any more specific. Sorry.

Soldato

I bought a legitimate device and subscription to allow watching of geolocked streams. It requires subscription to the service being viewed, ie F1TV or Netflix, it`s not a dodgy stream or anything like that, but I don`t want to get banned for being any more specific. Sorry.
And Sky staff watch this thread - and they're doing everything they can to maintain their cash cow monopoly - so the less said, the better.

Associate

Not asking for illegal ways to watch but I think you answered my question which was that F1TV is still highlights only in UK due to the Sky monopoly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom