*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Got the call today. Got my old package, main Sky gubbins, plus complete Sky sport, TNT sports, UHD, for £68.

My fallback would have been nowtv and discovery+ streaming, which would have come to about 60, and I'd have to deal with crap quality, no recording, no UHD.

It had gone up to £109. Last year I was paying £69.

Happy enough with 68 (25 of it is TNT), don't mind paying for my sports someone's got to!

Last edited:
Associate
Got the call today. Got my old package, main Sky gubbins, plus complete Sky sport, TNT sports, UHD, for £68.

My fallback would have been nowtv and discovery+ streaming, which would have come to about 60, and I'd have to deal with crap quality, no recording, no UHD.

Happy enough with 68 (25 of it is TNT), don't mind paying for my sports someone's got to!
Seems to be hit or miss. No mails, texts or calls for us. And before someone says, yes will allow them to contact us.

Soldato

I get my TNT Sports via my EE contract. Unlimited mins, texts, data + TNT Sports perk with big screen add on 4k hdr app on D+ for just shy of £30. To me seems the most cost effective way of getting it.

Man of Honour
I get my TNT Sports via my EE contract. Unlimited mins, texts, data + TNT Sports perk with big screen add on 4k hdr app on D+ for just shy of £30. To me seems the most cost effective way of getting it.
Yup, I used to do that, and that's what I'll likely be doing when my VM/O2 deal comes to an end in December. I can't grumble at the moment, Sky Sports/Movies, TNT, Netflix, 1Gb broadband for £67. The latest VM box actually isn't bad at all and I don't get the infuriating audio drop outs I used to get with Sky Q.

Soldato
That through the app? I very often record sports and pick up watching part way through or next day. Pretty sure you can't do that with Discovery+ or Now?

Soldato
That through the app? I very often record sports and pick up watching part way through or next day. Pretty sure you can't do that with Discovery+ or Now?
Yeah it's through the D+ app. I only watch full matches live so works for me, especially when you get 4k HDR with it unlike via Sky.

Yup, I used to do that, and that's what I'll likely be doing when my VM/O2 deal comes to an end in December. I can't grumble at the moment, Sky Sports/Movies, TNT, Netflix, 1Gb broadband for £67. The latest VM box actually isn't bad at all and I don't get the infuriating audio drop outs I used to get with Sky Q.

Very nice deal! Wish Virgin did our area but they don't.

Associate
Cancelled SKY broadband a few months ago after 10 years with them as they wouldn't budge on price so moved over to BRSK which was about £12 cheaper a month. So far no issues.

Had the email about annual price increases to TV last week so need to call again as I am out of contract but not holding any hopes for much movement.

Associate
Cancelled SKY broadband a few months ago after 10 years with them as they wouldn't budge on price so moved over to BRSK which was about £12 cheaper a month. So far no issues.

Had the email about annual price increases to TV last week so need to call again as I am out of contract but not holding any hopes for much movement.
There is life after Sky TV :)

Associate
I cancelled today (outside of contract) and was offered 28% discount to sign up for 18 months.
Cancelled anyway as Sky have the worst subtitles of any platform and I use them a lot.

Associate
Price increase will depend on your package but for me see below.

Here's a summary of your TV subscription changes:​

Effective from 1 April 2024, the service(s) below will have the following price change(s) per month:

Sky Signature​
+£2.50​
Sky Ultimate TV​
+£1.00​
Sky Sports in‑contract*​
+£3.00​

*At the end of your Sky Sports contract, your out-of-contract price will increase by £1.

If you recently joined Sky TV or signed up to a new minimum term, the price change won’t apply to those services for the first 60 days.

There are so many reasons to love Sky.​

Err yea if they say so.

Sky's increase is supposed to be 6.7% so an extra £6.50 on a £45 contract seems excessive to me!
I think they are basing the increase on the supposed real price for this package of £95 not what I am actually paying.

Can I repeat

There are so many reasons to love Sky​

Last edited:
Associate
My cancellation goes through in 4 days and I’ve had 1 text from sky. I’ve not tried to contact them and unless they call me I’m just going to go without sky. Last time I left for 6 months before they offered a decent deal so might just do that again.

Soldato
My cancellation goes through in 4 days and I’ve had 1 text from sky. I’ve not tried to contact them and unless they call me I’m just going to go without sky. Last time I left for 6 months before they offered a decent deal so might just do that again.
I had 1 or 2 generic texts once I gave notice which said something like call us to get the best deal, suffice to say I didn't and haven't missed it to be honest.

Had a few offers through thr post which initially look decent but once you add HD etc. it looks less appealing.

Don't forget you do have the option of keeping the box as basically a recordable freeview box for a fiver a month or something. If you have the need.

Associate
I had 1 or 2 generic texts once I gave notice which said something like call us to get the best deal, suffice to say I didn't and haven't missed it to be honest.

Had a few offers through thr post which initially look decent but once you add HD etc. it looks less appealing.

Don't forget you do have the option of keeping the box as basically a recordable freeview box for a fiver a month or something. If you have the need.
I cannot believe Sky are still charging for Sky HD lucky i don`t get charged

Soldato
Bear in mind the calls I got from them were flagged as spam by my android phone, and I'm pretty sure I ignored them twice before I answered and got a decent offer out of them.

Back
Top Bottom